Royal Wedding

April 30, 2011

Sure, Kate (excuse me—CATHERINE)  and Wills have been getting most of the attention lately.  But you know, they aren’t the only royal wedding in town.  And by town, I mean Altoona.  And by Altoona, I mean POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, PA

See, some things just go together, like Altoona (excuse me—POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold) and ridiculousness.

The end of a semester and wine:

The end of a semester and whine:

I know I missed three weeks of class, but I had food poisoning/my dog died/I’m scared of thunder/I forgot what classroom we were meeting in.  I need to do some extra credit to make up for those absences.*

*Note that the student is not asking for, but demanding extra credit.

Nice try, kiddo.  I wouldn’t give you that extra credit if you were the new Duchess of Cambridge.  Although I would ask you how you get your hair to be so pretty and wavy—mousse?  Bump-its?  C’mon, Kate (excuse me—CATHERINE)—the public is dying to know!!

Moving on.

Another royal pair?  Brussels sprouts and caramelized onion.

They go together like Princess Beatrice and batshit crazy hats.

As the pasta cooked, I chipped copious amounts of cheese off of this giant block of pecorino romano, which might just be my favorite cheese if only because eating it is kind of like licking a giant salt lick, in the best way possible.

Mmmm…so good.

Okay…off to do some grading.  Which brings me to a final royal pair: procrastination and baking.  See you from the kitchen later today!

1. April 30, 2011 2:28 pm

I know it’s not funny, but I swear the stories of students being jackasses is just too freakin’ funny! Dinner looks amazing! Have a great weekend Anna!

• April 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Oh, I think they’re funny too…after I remind myself that I get to give the final grade 🙂 Have a great weekend, Sarena!

2. April 30, 2011 2:40 pm

I’ve yet to try that wine. Dinner looks fantastic. Hope you’re having a great weekend so far.

3. Ginger permalink
    April 30, 2011 2:54 pm

You are so funny! And, those brussels sprouts look delicious – I love brussels sprouts, anyway, and that dish just looks wonderful! You know, it would be worth a trip to visit y’all just to send a postcard that says “Greetings from Pom Wonderful Presents, the Greatest Movie Ever Sold, PA!” That just cracks me up! Thanks for making me laugh this morning!

4. April 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Too funny and I need to try that wine. What a wonderful dinner, hope the grading is going smoothly!

5. April 30, 2011 5:10 pm

I really want to know how Kate gets her hair to look like that too! Sooo pretty!

I also really want that cheese too 🙂

6. April 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Students can seriously be quite demanding!!

Agreed…I’d love to know how she gets her hair to look like that!

7. May 1, 2011 12:15 pm

Haha I love it. If you wanna skip but still get good grades, at least be on top of letting the prof know your excuses ahead of time…aka the two days I took off for Easter “because train tickets were so expensive on Easter night.” Little do they know I booked it far enough ahead that they were all the same price…

8. May 1, 2011 12:51 pm

hahah – her hair does always look ridiculously good. Brussels and caramelized onions? That looks AMAZING. And now I’m in the mood to bake…

9. pawsitivelife permalink
    May 1, 2011 10:57 pm

Brussel sprouts I love thee! the whole meal looks so so good. And its now Catherine, the Dutchess of Cambridge…long way from waity Katie

10. May 2, 2011 11:22 am

I never thought I would crave brussel sprouts, but you’ve done the impossible. This looks incredible, seriously. Great work! 🙂

11. greensandjeans permalink
    May 2, 2011 12:11 pm

Malbecs are the besttttt. And you should compile a book with student excuses.

12. May 2, 2011 2:27 pm

Agreed. Brussels and caramelized onions are a great pairing. Only you would have me craving such things at 10 am. LOL

13. May 2, 2011 8:12 pm

When I saw all that Altoona changing its name stuff in the news I thought of you!