Bloom!

April 28, 2011

Well, after months of snow, rain, more snow, dog pee in the house, ruined tires, frozen snot, bruised tailbones, and even more snow, it finally happened:

image

SPRING!!!!!!

Our yard looks really beautiful right now, so I just wanted to share some of the blossoms that are hanging out together.  Spring has FINALLY sprung!

And now I will commence my complaints about the heat.

🙂

It has been very hot these last few days (at least for us…we’re used to 50 degrees!).  Whenever the temps get higher, I crave much lighter foods.  I haven’t had a salad in months, but that’s all I wanted last night:

Of course, we fancied our salads up a bit with sautéed mushrooms, lemon green beans, carrots, and goat cheese.  It was all served up on a bed of arugula—one of my favorite salad greens! Such bite!

Okay…today, I’m collecting research papers from my students, and then I’m officially done with teaching for the year! Sigh…another year done! Crazy!

Hope you have a great Thursday!

1. April 28, 2011 11:52 am

congrats on being done with the year! that’s something to celebrate…you should make margs 😉

2. April 28, 2011 11:52 am

Love the blooms! They make a yard come to life 🙂

3. April 28, 2011 11:54 am

arugula + lemon green beans, carrots, and goat cheese = nice!

those pics just POP off the screen too!!!

4. April 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Yay for spring in POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold. (Yes, I just googled that specifically so I could comment about it. I just think it’s really funny. ANd I like Morgan Spurlock)

• April 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Haha…the premier they’re having here is tonight! I should go by and try to snap a pic of him!

5. April 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Love those flowers. So gorgeous! And I’ll take that salad for lunch please 😉

6. April 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Flowers are gorgeous!!! Don’t you just love spring? 🙂

7. April 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Lovely salad – and flowers! I caught myself whining about the humidity yesterday. So not cool after the winter we’ve had!

8. April 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Yay for SPRING FINALLY!! I’m so happy it’s here as well. Those flowers are gorgeous!

9. Ginger permalink
    April 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Gorgeous!! Congratulations on completing another year and making it through another winter – now the fun starts!!!

10. April 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Gorgeous flowers! We’re not quite there yet, but there are buds on my tulips, so we should be there very soon. I’m like you, I love light fresh veggies and salads once the temperatures warm up. I eat much more raw in the summer and hardly any at all in the winter!

11. April 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Gorgeous flowers! I can almost smell them from here…

12. April 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I’m jealous that you’re done for the year. However, I’m not jealous of all of the research papers you have to grade. Enjoy the sunshine! I think we’ve all earned it.

13. April 28, 2011 2:31 pm

The blossoms are so beautiful! That salad looks perfect! I hope you have a great Thursday too!

14. April 28, 2011 2:45 pm

I noticed a few flowers coming out this morning…finally!!!!!

15. April 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Yummy salad!

16. April 28, 2011 5:02 pm

that salad looks divine!!

17. April 28, 2011 6:20 pm

hooray for the heat and pretty flowers 🙂 I’m a hot weather kind of girl! I know that little Amish farmers market in State College must be under way too! Pick up a loaf of their bread and enjoy it for me. They make some gooood stuff. Great dinner. Love the addition of the green beans

18. April 28, 2011 10:27 pm

I put garlic asparagus on my salad… but lemon green beans? love it! another must try =)

19. April 29, 2011 1:39 am

I am always stoked for the warm weather to come out then start complaining about it maybe a wk later. Why can’t it just be spring and fall? I hate extremes!

20. April 29, 2011 11:54 am

Now that I have a house I notice spring flowers in front yards so much more. Nick and I walk around the neighborhood and love spotting our “favorite yards”, many of which have colorful tulips blooming around trees or in front of large bay windows. We LOVE it!! So, we’re planting our own this year for next year. And for this year we are just putting some potted flowers on our porch for a POP of color.

21. April 29, 2011 3:31 pm

I am glad it is getting warmer for you. We’ve already hit 100 and I am pissed! ha! The grass is always greener right?

22. Laura permalink
    April 29, 2011 3:44 pm

I’m loving your photo collages (here and on your recent Easter recap, especially)! Do you create these via WordPress or through some other photo magic?

23. April 30, 2011 12:22 am

GORGEOUS blooms! So jealous!!! 🙂

Another year in the books…what a feeling 🙂 I’m kinda hoping my course doesn’t fill up this summer…I’d love to spend those evenings sipping on wine outside with the hubby!

24. April 30, 2011 11:23 am

wow so jealous of you being done with teaching for the year! that’s SO amazing!! congrats.

25. April 30, 2011 3:55 pm

To true on spring, love the warmer temps, but I know I’ll be complaining about the heat soon. 😛 Gorgeous salad!