Dinner’s on the Grill

April 22, 2011

Hi friends!

Sorry to have disappeared for a few days—Wednesday was a lonnnnng traveling day.  I made it to my final leg—Atlanta to Shreveport—and then hit a 2 hour delay.  Ugh.

Luckily, I made it home eventually…and things have been going great!

Yesterday, the girls met up (me, my mom, my sister, and Sophie) to do some spring shopping.

The Easter Bunny was at the mall, but Sophie was more than a little disturbed by him.  I don’t blame her—I wouldn’t want to take my picture with some giant rabbit in a vest, either.

After a few trips to Ann Taylor Loft, the Gap, and Banana Republic, we headed home for a delicious grilled dinner:

Mmmmm…perfect for a warm night! The weather here has been great—mid-80’s and sunny! This morning, Katherine and I met up for some power-walking with my friend Ellie, who’s in the middle of planning her fall wedding in New Orleans.  We had a lot to talk about!

Now, we’re about to relax by the pool…I think we might be grilling again tonight, and then it’s off to the airport– Ryan will be getting in (hopefully) around 8:45.

Hope you’re having a great Friday!

1. April 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Wow – those kebabs look amazing!! Wish it was warm enough here to be sitting by the pool. I think it might be a couple more months for us!

2. April 22, 2011 5:10 pm

All of that looks amazing! YUM! I am so ready for some grilling. Enjoy your family Anna!

3. April 22, 2011 5:50 pm

We have mid 80s and sunny weather forecasted all weekend. I am so excited! Those grilled veggies look fabulous. Makes me feel like summer.

4. April 22, 2011 6:56 pm

No Sophie pics?!

5. April 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Ahhhh SO jealous of your warm weather! We actually had snow flurries here today. It’s April, I know. Hopefully the weather is at least a little bit nicer at my parents’ house. Happy Easter weekend!

6. April 22, 2011 8:00 pm

the photography of the grilled veggies is SUPERB!! Great job on your pics girl!

And kids dont do well with the E.Bunny or Santa Claus many times…..to much “forced excitement and fun” and they get skittish! Skylar was the way til just recently!

7. April 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Those kebobs look so good! I love grilling night, especially at the beginning of the summer when the weather is newly warm 🙂 Happy Easter! PS: I have a fun giveaway going on right now…stop by and check it out!

8. April 23, 2011 12:19 am

Looks wonderful, beautiful pics! My niece was terrified of our mall Easter bunny.

9. April 23, 2011 5:48 am

my mouth is watering!!

10. April 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Haha, the Easter Bunny is a little scary…I don’t blame her either!

I need to get to Ann Taylor Loft for spring clothes. It’s my favorite store 🙂

That dinner is so colorful! Gorgeous!

11. April 23, 2011 7:26 pm

oh man I love roasted veggies…just look at those colors, so pretty!