Sometimes, You Just Want to Sit Around In Your Underwear Eating Cake

March 27, 2011

Know what I mean? I know one girl who gets it…

Unfortunately, I did NOT sit around in my underwear eating cake this weekend.  I sat around in my PJ’s, working through a pile of 75 papers about identity and place while back-to-back episodes of My So-Called Life played in the background.

The good news? Jordan Catalano is every bit as hot as I remember him being, and, in terms of the papers, I’m already halfway done!

The bad news?  In addition to swooning over Jordan, I now find myself strangely attracted to Brian Krakow as well…is it because I married a nerd?  Oh, also, in terms of the papers, I’m only halfway done.

Sigh.

Just wanted to send a note out there to the blog world letting you know that I’m still alive.  Barely.

If you don’t hear from me in three days, send help in the form of Jordan Catalano.  We can sit around in our underwear and eat cake together.

1. March 27, 2011 8:59 pm

LOL – love that picture. She is one of the cutest babies ever.

2. March 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Eating cake in your underwear is where it’s at! lol Oh to be young and carefree again. 🙂

3. March 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Phew, that’s a whole lot of cute in one baby. She is stunning, and I don’t think I’ve ever said that about a baby before!

Here’s hoping you’re somehow able to zone out and the paper-grading just flies by.

4. March 27, 2011 9:37 pm

she’s adorable!

and being alive but barely…story of my life! hang in there girl!

5. March 27, 2011 11:19 pm

I think if I were to eat cake in my undies I would eat less bc I would see my fat rolls right there. May have to give that a go (no pics of course)

75 papers does not sound fun at all. Hope you got them all done with some rest time to spare! Whatever happened to Brian Krakow? Must google.

6. March 27, 2011 11:31 pm

This was an awesome post because I can relate to ALL of it! I can’t believe they are streaming those now…I know what I’m watching all week,

Happy birthday to the princess! Now I want cake!

7. March 28, 2011 2:37 am

ahhhhh MSCL!!!!!! I heart it! I was so bummed when they yanked it!

you totally should have sat around in your undies eating cake! haha~

8. March 28, 2011 11:12 am

Sweet baby! Wow – almost makes me want one of my own! 😉 hehe.

9. March 28, 2011 11:37 am

Oh gosh, grading papers…I remember those days! When I was a TA in graduate school I used to bring home GIANT STACKS of papers to grade. And like oyu I always had random, but awesome, shows on in the background.

Your niece is adorable, as I alwaya say, and those eyes are going to melt someone’s (a man’s…) heart one day!!!

10. Ginger permalink
    March 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Such a cute picture! We watched her take a few (Frankensteinish) steps out in Superior’s parking lot last night – there will be no stoppiing her now!! Good luck with those papers!

11. March 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Wow, that is literally all I want to do this very minute. So jealous of that adorable child. Being a baby rocks.

Good luck grading papers! I really need to rent My So Called Life Again. Thank god for Netflix!

12. March 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Claire Danes goes to my gym!! I ellipticized RIGHT next to her a few weeks ago. Kept it off the blog to be respectful and all, but I just had to tell my fellow So-Called fan 🙂

• March 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Ahhhh!!! I would have had to ask her if she still keeps in touch with Jared Leto 🙂

13. March 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Such a cute picture!

14. March 29, 2011 2:21 am

Adorable pic! And that was a great show!

15. March 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Is that Sophie??? She is getting so big!!

• March 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Tell me about it– she just took her first steps last week!!