March Madness

March 25, 2011

Hi friends! I hope your week is wrapping up nicely…we’ve been dealing with a bit of March Madness over here.

No, not basketball. Come on—don’t you know me?

I’m just talking about regular ol’ madness—75 papers to grade, snow as of yesterday, the return of Ryan’s Jimmy legs, the disappearance of my campus mailbox…it’s been a strange week.

And amidst all that, we’ve been trying to “detox,” by which I simply mean stop eating half a block of cheese every night when we return home from campus.

The soup that we had for dinner last night was definitely a “detox” soup—basically greens (kale and swiss chard), LOTS of garlic, zucchini, and a lemon broth.

It ain’t the prettiest soup on the block…but I sure did feel virtuous eating it.

Perfect for our cold spring night.

Gotta get some grading done! Have a happy Friday morning!

1. March 25, 2011 12:41 pm

I am sorry you are getting snow! That is crazy to me as we are having a major heat wave. It was 90 degrees here yesterday! 90!!! Lord help me…the summer is going to be insane!

2. March 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Looks like a great last-days-of-winter meal!

3. March 25, 2011 1:32 pm

I think it looks great!! This cold weather gives us an excuse to whip up a few more “comfort food” meals!! Happy Friday!

4. March 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Well we don’t have snow but it went from 80 to 60 and only 50’s tomorrow. 😦 So kind of a nutty week here too. Though, I don’t have 75 papers to grade thankfully

5. March 25, 2011 1:49 pm

I have to say … “cold spring night” shouldn’t even go together! It should be “chilly spring night” or “warm spring night” :p Hope your snow goes away, stays away, and is replaced with warmth! 🙂

6. March 25, 2011 2:02 pm

This weather is just disappointing. I think your soup looks delicious don’t be ashamed, be proud. Also, it’s totally okay to eat a half block of cheese at night. Especially if you do it before dinner because then it’s an appetizer. 😉

7. March 25, 2011 2:59 pm

If that’s what detoxing looks and tastes like then sign me up! Good luck with the papers and I hope you have a great weekend!

8. Ginger permalink
    March 25, 2011 3:24 pm

I think that soup looks good! We have been eating meatless this week (even tried the coconut milk you recommended in our coffee and liked it!) and we both think we can feel the difference – all in our heads? I don’t think so!

9. March 25, 2011 3:26 pm

very attractive pics of food! love it! nice post!!

10. March 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Ugh this snow! And we didn’t even get as much as you guys 😦 Spring, please hurry!!

11. March 25, 2011 4:55 pm

LOL! It aint purty, you’re right…but it sounds good! Especially that lemony broth. Mmmm! Have a great weekend!!

12. March 25, 2011 5:17 pm

Hahhaa… I love your definition of detox. The block of cheese scenario definitely sounds familiar. 🙂

13. March 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Yikes on the snow! Sounds like a crazy week for you too! But the soup looks wonderful, I’m such a fan of veggie-loaded stews. Happy Friday!

14. March 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Jimmy legs? I hope this is a fun dance move and not some painful condition. I hear you on the grading. We’re on term schedules and this is our third week of the term, i.e. when I want to hide under my desk of papers. Blech. I hope it clears up before the weekend so you can enjoy it!

15. March 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Cold spring night? I can relate. That soup looks yummy!

16. March 26, 2011 12:42 am

cannot believe you guys got more snow, crazy to think that I have my AC on

hope spring comes soon for you!

17. March 26, 2011 3:02 am

1st picture, vertical one. SUBMIT it.

Beautiful, Anna. Just gorg!!!

18. March 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Green soups never seem to look pretty- but they’re always so darn tasty. Good luck with all of the to dos. Happy Weekend

19. March 26, 2011 8:29 pm

I was hoping it would snow in Pittsburgh but no dice. This cold weather would definitely be more bearable with snow!!

20. March 27, 2011 11:12 am

Happy weekend!

21. March 27, 2011 4:12 pm

We’ve been in the midst of one rain storm after another…it’s getting kind of old seeing as it’s the end of March??

I love soups – I totally feel virtuous eating them because I consider any and all soups perfect for a detox!!

22. March 27, 2011 7:05 pm

“I simply mean stop eating half a block of cheese every night when we return home.” I know this habit well