Sunshine On My Shoulders

February 2, 2011

Any John Denver fans out there?  You gotta love a guy who’s willing to duet with a frog.

Well, despite all of the bad weather ‘round the country right now, we actually saw a lot of sunshine this morning! Ryan and I emerged from the gym to find spring-like weather, which felt very strange!  Unfortunately, they’re calling for another winter storm this afternoon, and I can actually see the sky darkening from my office window as I type this.  I have a feeling that by the time I press “publish,” the sun will have disappeared again and winter will be rearing her ugly head.

Thank you, by the way, for all of your sweet comments about our workout room! We’re really proud of the way it turned out—we are NOT usually do-it-yourselfers…but maybe the success of this project will prompt us to tackle even more!

When we got back from the gym, we threw together a quick lunch.  I kept mine on the small side, because we’re meeting some friends for Indian food tonight at six o’clock.

I had a vibrant green monster:

Plus a wasa cracker with half of a mashed avocado and a slice of sharp provolone cheese:

Plus an unpictured rice pudding snack cup (which made me feel like a five year-old, in the best way possible).

Tonight, after our Indian dinner, we’re going to see some student plays, so my post will be late! Have a great afternoon and evening!

1. February 2, 2011 7:09 pm

even something simple like wasa crackers with avocado and cheese can look so expensive and classy huh!! ❤ so yummy lookin 🙂

2. February 2, 2011 7:32 pm

I’m jealous of your sunshine! My mom always used to get all teary eyed when John Denver would come on. It’s all I can think of when I hear his music.

• February 2, 2011 8:25 pm

Don’t be too jealous…it’s gone now!!! 😦

3. Emo permalink
    February 2, 2011 7:41 pm

I thought I spied a Kinect in that last post! We have a Wii, but all we use it for is boxing and Wii fit. I really want the “Just Dance” games for the Wii – no Call of Duty for this girl, either. The new room looks bright and inviting — but also appropriately utilitarian for a workout room. Nice work!
    Enjoy the student plays! There’s nothing like the optimism of a student who thinks they are going to make it in theatre. (Except Amory, who is making it. Amory, if you see this — “Soy Carmela…”)

• February 2, 2011 8:25 pm

Yes, it should be an evening of fine theater indeed. One of my students is directing one of the plays, so I’ll have to try my best and be nice 🙂

4. February 2, 2011 7:45 pm

The green in your food is so vibrant it matches your blog background! I love the good weather now, which I don’t talk about on my blog since the rest of the country is freezing!

5. February 2, 2011 11:25 pm

We’re finally getting some sun too and it’s awesome … too bad I’m stuck at work. 😛 Great green monster pic and the crackers look good.

6. February 2, 2011 11:58 pm

Stay warm! That is an awesome looking green monster. And I just had avocado on soup tonight….deliciousness. Enjoy your evening!

7. February 3, 2011 1:04 am

I miss sunshine!! We have ice right now. So not as cool. Your green monster is beauutiful!

8. February 3, 2011 1:16 am

What a beautifuler green monster – it’s bright! It goes with your blog background rather nicely! 🙂

9. February 3, 2011 1:17 am

And by “beautifuler,” I mean beautiful…clearly!

10. February 3, 2011 1:32 am

Hope you have a great evening!

11. February 3, 2011 1:40 am

Have fun doll! That is the greenest green monster i’ve ever seen! fantastic! ❤

12. February 3, 2011 3:20 am

I thought it was wayyy nice out this morning too and then I checked my phone and saw it was 43 degrees out!! Crazy. Too bad it was like 20 degrees a few hours later. I feel like spring is taunting me lol

Hope the plays were fun!

13. February 3, 2011 3:47 am

Indian Dinner – yummy! Rice pudding – I’m glad I’m not the only one. And Your workout room is absolutely perfect. I’m looking around my house as I type… suspiciously eying those never-started DIY projects… you’ve inspired me. 🙂

14. February 3, 2011 12:31 pm

I have about 5 different jokes about “doing it yourself”, but I just worked out and had my coffee and am a little wired. I will keep them to myself for fear they won’t come across the right way. The room looked incredible, so you should be proud. I have noticed as we get older, we like doing these types of projects since they show our style. HHMMM rice pudding. We eat it all the time and yes, you totally feel like a kid! Have a great day Anna!

15. February 3, 2011 12:44 pm

The color of that green monster is absolutely amazing!!! Wow. Health in a glass.

16. Kelly permalink
    February 3, 2011 4:32 pm

That green monster is so vibrant!! Wow!

17. February 3, 2011 5:40 pm

Ugh. NO MORE SNOW. Winter can go away now. Please and thank you.