Choose Your Own Adventure: Dinner Party

January 28, 2011

Hi friends! Hope you’ve had a good Thursday…my classes were uneventful, so I guess my good luck streak continued!

When we returned home, cooking just did NOT sound appealing, plus we had some yummy leftovers in the refrigerator from past meals, so…leftovers it was!

I had a big bowl of reheated mung bean stew:

Plus some delicious, pillowy mini pitas and raw goat’s milk cheddar (purchased at Reading Market!):

Mmmm…there’s something about a good stew that just gets MUCH better over time, isn’t there?

So, moving on…we’re having a dinner party on Saturday, and after much debate, I’m still torn about what to make for dessert.  The other dishes are all decided upon: salad with roasted beets and goat cheese; portabellas in puff pastry; and roasted veggies.  But…I’m hoping YOU can help me with dessert!

Tell me which of these sound the best to you, and I’ll make it for Saturday’s party:

• Chess Pie
  • Chocolate Bread Pudding
  • Rich Chocolate Tart
  • Blondies

I’m kind of leaning to the bread pudding…but they all sound good! I can’t choose!!! Help!!!!

1. January 28, 2011 1:35 am

I LOVE bread pudding, but then again, I’d eat any one of those desserts 🙂

2. January 28, 2011 1:53 am

They all sound great – but the chocolate bread pudding sounds absolutely divine!

3. January 28, 2011 1:56 am

omg PLEASE bread pudding! It’s soooo yummy and gives me warm fuzzy memories of Louisiana 🙂 Also, I really like the title of this post. I loved those books as a kid! I wonder if you could have an actual Choose Your Own Adventure themed party. It seems like it would involve a lot of stations (taco station, sundae station, etc). Could be complete chaos.

4. January 28, 2011 2:11 am

Chocolate tart! Chocolate tart! This one is awesome:

• January 28, 2011 2:26 am

Ooooh, this does look good! I was eying a pear and dark chocolate cake of hers as well. I LOVE her recipes.

5. January 28, 2011 2:37 am

That stew just looks fantastic. How about a white chocolate bread pudding????

6. Emily Plank permalink
    January 28, 2011 3:04 am

BREAD PUDDING, BREAD PUDDING, BREAD PUDDING!!! 🙂

7. January 28, 2011 3:04 am

All the options sound awesome….I’m going for the chocolate tart!! YUM!

8. January 28, 2011 3:12 am

I’d vote bread pudding b/c you favor it… but i’ve never had it! So I dont even know what the stuff tastes like! Hmm… So whichever sounds the yummiest to you – totally choose that! =) ah i know i’m no help!

9. January 28, 2011 3:31 am

either of these
    # Rich Chocolate Tart
    # Blondies

but honestly…ANYTHING you make will be amazing!

10. January 28, 2011 4:02 am

Oh chess pie sounds divine. I have no idea what it is but I absolutely want a piece right now!

11. January 28, 2011 5:24 am

Stew definitely gets better over time! Sometimes I make it a day in advance just so it has time to sit and get delicious 🙂

12. January 28, 2011 5:45 am

Do a raw dessert, like a cashew cheezecake or chocolate cake. They’re always such a hit with my non-vegan friends and family.

13. January 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Well since I love chocolate I would go with the tart, but bread pudding would be second! Have fun in the kitchen 😉

14. January 28, 2011 1:21 pm

I want to find goat milk cheese slices-all we have are the crumbles!!!! Bread pudding sound so comforting-yum

• January 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Yeah, I haven’t spotted the slices yet either. But, we are starting to get all sorts of good raw goats milk cheese– cheddars, etc. Very exciting!

15. January 28, 2011 1:53 pm

ow! Chocolate bread pudding! That just sounds like a fabulous treat. And what a great dinner. I agree- the longer a stew or chili seems to sit- the better it gets! And raw goat’s milk cheddar? YUM! Happy weekend

16. Kelly permalink
    January 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Leftover are the best…plus I think almost everything tastes 99% better the next day!

17. patti permalink
    January 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Phyllis (my teacher collegue) and I vote for the chocolate tart. We think it compliments your menu 🙂

18. January 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Ive never even heard of chess pie! Id go with the tart, but all would be amazing.

19. January 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Chocolate Bread Pudding FOR SURE!!!! 🙂

20. January 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Hands down, chocolate bread pudding. I had some last weekend and it was fantastic. Actually it was chocolate CROISSANT bread pudding. Even better.

21. January 28, 2011 7:09 pm

I’ve never had bread pudding. I know, I know! I also don’t know what chess pie is either. I have some catching up to do!