Lucky Thursday

January 27, 2011

Well, if this morning is any indication, today is going to be a good day.  This morning, after dropping Ryan off at campus, I was pulled over for “rolling through a stop sign.”  I put that in quotes because I actually have no recollection of rolling—I stopped!!! But, in any case, the cop pulled me over…right outside of my house! So, I’m sure all of our neighbors were wondering what the heck I was being busted for.  Let the meth lab rumors begin…

Anyway, I was really lucky—I didn’t even have my license with me, and he let me off with just a warning! I’ve been lucky like this before—once, in high school, I was stopped for going 65 in a 25 zone (yes, I was a bad driver), and I got away with a warning! I guess cops just like the look of me.  🙂

After a treadmill workout + a 20 minute yoga download (I forgot how much I love these!) lunch was easy:

Wrap with red beans, spinach, sprouts and salsa, plus string cheese and a few tortilla chips on the side for good measure.

Off to teach…see you at dinner!

Have you ever gotten out of a ticket?  Any tricks that you try to pull when you come head-to-head with the police? I’m a big fan of emphatic apologies.

1. January 27, 2011 6:06 pm

I’ve been pulled over twice in my life… Like you, the first was in high school and I was going 60 in a 25. i was stopped by a female cop who had no sympathy and I got slammed with a ticket. Then, years later I was stopped (male cop) and got off with a warning. Guess lady cops are more hard core 😉

2. January 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Best excuse ever: “I’m really sorry officer, but I’m speeding because my tampon is leaking.” Yes, I know someone who actually (supposedly) used that. I’m pretty sure it would definitely work on a male cop unless you were going like 1000 mph, but on a female it would be tricky…

3. January 27, 2011 6:09 pm

You are one lucky lady! I have never been pulled over (knock on wood) and it gives me anxieties to even think about it. I hope the rest of your day goes smoothly!

4. January 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Yikes–I’ve only gotten pulled over once for a u-turn I very much wasn’t supposed to make. It wasn’t pleasant!

5. January 27, 2011 6:27 pm

the only time i’ve ever gotten out of a ticket was the very first time i was pulled over…i was so freaked out i was crying and shaking! all the other times…yeah. no mercy 🙂

6. January 27, 2011 6:36 pm

I’ve been pulled over three times (for speeding, and usually 15-20 miles over the limit), and genuine tears and apologies have never helped. I did, however, plead not guilty to one, and since the officer left court early, I got out of it. One of the other two was out-of-state, and the third they lowered it for me. It’s been a year and a half since I got one, but I’ve also cut back on the driving a lot!

7. January 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Lucky lucky girl! That wrap looks really good by the way.

8. Ayla permalink
    January 27, 2011 8:20 pm

You’ve gotten out of both your tickets?! Lucky woman! So far I have two tickets (both speeding) and I got hit with both of them. Although both times it could have been worse – first speeding ticket my N had fallen off but the officer only gave me a speeding ticket and for the second I was going so fast that I SHOULD have received the highest ticket but the officer was nice and gave me the lowest. 🙂 I just apologized a lot, looked frenzied and said sorry and.. well, I guess something worked.

9. Kelly permalink
    January 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Okay true story. In college the AC went out in my car. Keep in mind I live in Austin, Texas where it gets easily to 110 in the summer and hotter with the heat index. I was driving home from college which was about 2 hours away from my parents home and I was DYING of heat. So I thought eh…why not change into my bikini and drive home in that. (hey, I was 18) So I pulled into a town gas station, changed into my hot pink binki and set out again. I made it all the way to my mom’s neighborhood when I got pulled over for speeding. The cop was an older man…let’s say he looked “weathered” and needless to say I got off with a warming.

10. January 27, 2011 9:27 pm

I got out of a ticket once in high school right after the no talking on cell phone law had just taken effect. Glad you got out of it!

11. January 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Yikes, sorry about the cop scare! I got a warning once for running a yellow light which is perfectly legal. Your wrap looks wonderful.

12. January 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Nice luck! I’ve been pulled over once for speeding – only 33 in a 25, so it wasn’t terrible. I tried to weasel my way out of it, but the cop just wasn’t feeling it! You’re so lucky to just get a warning!

13. January 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Thankfully I’ve never been pulled over, but I totally am not above crying to try to get out of it 🙂

14. January 27, 2011 11:47 pm

good thing they’re getting the REAL criminals!! 🙂 HAHAHA jeeeez! glad you got out of it!!

15. January 28, 2011 12:45 am

I always get the ticket when I’ve been pulled over. Ugh. Although, I haven’t been pulled over in like ten years, knock on wood.

16. January 28, 2011 4:36 am

Hahah, I was about to make a meth lab o prostitution ring joke 🙂

I’ve neve gotten out of a ticket-boo. Probably b/c I wear mascara and I start crying then look like Tammy Faye Baker!

17. February 11, 2011 8:27 pm

What yoga download was it? I need to find a good one to try soon!