Get Your Green On

January 25, 2011

Hi friends! Good news—I woke up feeling better! I completely passed out last night and slept like a brick until about 8:00 this morning, and now I feel about 85% back to normal.  My tummy is still rumbling a little, but I think by tomorrow I’ll be 100% better.

Whenever I have stomach issues (which is rarely), I always turn to my juicer for help.  I love, love, love coffee, but when my stomach is hurting, coffee only exacerbates the problem, so it’s a no go.  Still, I need something in the morning that can serve as a pick-me-up and deliver a jolt of energy—in a non-stomach hurting kind of way.

Enter: green juice.

Yum! This cup of sunshine had 2 big kale leaves, 1/2 a green apple, a bit of romaine, a quarter of a lemon, and about an inch-long piece of ginger—great for stomach troubles.

Juiced it all together for a bright jolt of energy!

We’ll see if this carries me through the day.  I just might have to get a mid-day coffee if my stomach feels up to it.

Side note before I sign off—to my Bachelor watchers—how disgusted were you with the preview for next week?  Forcing Emily to go on a date at the racetrack seems like a low move, even for a show as trashy as The Bachelor.  Pretty tasteless, Bachelor.  Shame on you, Chris Harrison.

1. January 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Green juice really is a wonder-drink, isn’t it?!

2. greensandjeans permalink
    January 25, 2011 3:06 pm

My new dream job is to be the person who plans all the dates on the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. How hilarious would that be?

3. January 25, 2011 3:13 pm

That definitely should help the tummy! I love ginger when I have tummy troubles. I am glad you are feeling better and I hope it continues to improve!

4. January 25, 2011 3:26 pm

So glad you’re feeling better.

5. January 25, 2011 3:37 pm

I have to admit: green juice kinda freaks me out!

6. January 25, 2011 3:39 pm

I can’t stand Chris Harrison. Seriously.

• January 25, 2011 3:42 pm

I feel like he gets more and more insufferable with each passing season.

7. January 25, 2011 4:00 pm

I haven’t caught up with my DVR yet, but that sounds horrible! I think the girls said it right…Emily is that gorgeous girl you want to hate, but because she has the heart of Mother Theresa you just can’t help but love her. She really is stunningly beautiful. I hope that date goes okay…I’m rooting for her!

The juice sounds perfect — especially with the ginger. That should calm your tummy right down!

8. January 25, 2011 4:02 pm

So glad you’re feeling better! What kind of juicer do you have? I don’t have one but would love to get one!

• January 25, 2011 4:39 pm

I use a Breville! I love it! It’s pretty easy to clean, as far as juicers go.

9. January 25, 2011 4:31 pm

I’m glad you are feeling better and coffee totally gives me a stomach ache under normal circumstances so I can understand your need to avoid it.

I gave up on the Bachelor. He is just too annoying! And Chris…he reminds me a bit of a better looking Dr. Phil.

10. Kim permalink
    January 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Green Juice Rules!

Glad you are feeling better!

11. January 25, 2011 5:01 pm

I was just looking at juicers yesterday. Considering registering for one for my wedding 🙂 Glad you are on the mend, and this post is definitely swaying me towards getting a juicer!

12. January 25, 2011 5:34 pm

blogland is allll about the green juices lately… I feel so out of the loop. I’m scared i’ll put too many veggies and not enough fruit and hate it. What was the first combo you decided you liked when you first started making these juices? any tips? Hellllppp meeeeeee! ❤

• January 26, 2011 2:27 pm

The combo that I use the most is really simple– a few kale leaves, some romaine, half an apple, and some lemon. The apple really cuts through the bitterness of the greens, and the lemon gives it great zip. I swear, it’s like you’re drinking lemonade!

13. January 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Happy to hear your feeling better!!

Couldn’t agree more. The show knew what Emily had been through. I know it’s for ratings, but that was REALLY low.

14. January 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Yay, glad you’re feeling better. I’ve been seeing plenty of post lately that make me want to dust off my juicer, maybe this weekend. Your juice looks great.

15. Ginger permalink
    January 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Gosh, I hope that green drink helped your stomach! I would think maybe it was something we had in Philly, but Kathy and I are both OK (although we did eat differernt things all weekend, didn’t we?) I hope you’re back to normal today!

16. mindy permalink
    January 25, 2011 11:05 pm

I was kind of wondering why Emily left the part out about Ricky being a race car driver… seems kinda set-up to me.

The thing that’s really getting me lately is how Brad keeps letting the women steal him away after like 5 seconds. Get some balls and say no for once Brad!

Also, did you see that weird shuffle/run that one girl did after not getting a rose? It was like she was Uncle Fester wearing a dress!

• January 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Yes!!! Ryan and I were like, “Oh my GOSH, man UP and say NO!!!!” I wonder if he isn’t allowed to say no?

17. January 26, 2011 1:36 am

I dusted off my juicer yesterday too. I really like green juice. I don’t know why I never make it. Actually, it’s because I don’t like cleaning the juicer.

• January 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah, that’s why I don’t use mine much either. But, it’s really not that hard to clean– I just throw all of the parts in the dishwasher. I think that I THINK it’s harder than it actually is!