Fun in Philly

January 23, 2011

Philadelphia is only about 3.5 hours away from us, but this is our first trip to the city.  Judging by the fun we’ve had so far, it won’t be our last.  It has all of my favorite things:

Anthropologie…

…and Unitarians:

…and Trader Joe’s:

…and CELEBRITIES! We stumbled up on a film crew, and after hanging around in the cold for about 10 minutes, we were rewarded with a sighting of Robert De Niro and Bradley Cooper!!! Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE celebrity sightings—we saw Hugh Jackman last year in New York City, and I almost had a heart attack.  My mom said that it was the most excited she’s ever seen me…and I don’t even really like him that much! I just get so excited about it! I guess I could never live in Los Angeles, ha.

We had our camera with us, and we were able to get some pretty good shots! (Bradley Cooper was too busy getting his hair combed by his personal hair comber, so I couldn’t get a frontal shot of him).

de niro

I might have a job as a papparazzo in the future.

But, moving on from De Niro, let’s take a closer look at my TJ goods.  The closet Trader Joe’s to us is a good two hours away, so whenever we happen upon one in our travels, we always stock up.  I came away with some great stuff:

As I said, great trip already…and we’ve only been here for a few hours!

My mom and aunt are flying in right now, and then the four of us are heading out for dinner.  Hope you’re having a great Saturday!

Any celebrity sightings you’d like to share with me?

1. January 23, 2011 12:40 am

I am so oblivious that I could walk into someone and not even notice

2. January 23, 2011 1:52 am

AWESOME!!! I have never been to Philly, now I really want to go…come play with me??

3. January 23, 2011 2:13 am

I’ve only been to Philly once too and loved it. I actually had TJ’s on my list of places to go. So sad… LOL

4. January 23, 2011 2:16 am

That’s so cool that you saw Robert De Niro! I’ve never really seen a big celebrity. When I was in high school, I worked in a movie theater and several big name basketball players came to see movies. As did the King of Jordan and Wonder Woman.

5. January 23, 2011 3:24 am

The brown rice flour tortillas are a staple at my house. Have you tried the roasted pepper tomato soup?

6. January 23, 2011 3:28 am

I’m glad that TJ’s gets more space in the blog than celebrity sightings. As it should be. 😉

7. January 23, 2011 3:34 am

I want to be Bradley Coopers personal hair comber! How does one get hooked up with that?!

I couldnt live in LA either, I freak out when I see celebrities, even if I dont like them. I saw David Spade at the Palms Casino and freaked out. David Spade really?? Now High Jackman? For him, it would be FreakOut Fest 2011!

8. January 23, 2011 5:33 am

I saw Usher at an Olive Garden in NYC. The man has millions, and he eats at Olive Garden. I think I love him because of that 🙂

9. January 23, 2011 6:12 am

Wow, so cool you saw Robert De Niro and Bradley cooper, that rocks! And got great pics! And can’t wait to see what you create with the peanut flour.

10. mindy permalink
    January 23, 2011 2:04 pm

OMG! DARK chocolate covered pomegranate seeds?!?!? I am so jealous. They must be like little precious jewels of sweet goodness!!!!

11. January 23, 2011 2:33 pm

I don’t have any good celeb sightings from anytime recently…but I can say that TJ’s would be on the top of my To Do list in any city that has one!

12. January 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Peanut Four!!!! LOVE that stuff! That’s pretty exciting you saw De Niro and Cooper! We go to the San Diego Comic Con sometimes and you can always see celebrities there. My husband is a co-creator of a comic book series that he did with Rosario Dawson (Men In Black 2, Clerks 2 – most people don’t know who she is). We actually worked really closely with her and since we spent so much time together, she introduced us to Kevin Smith, who we got to hang out with for a while. That is pretty much the closest I have been to a celebrity.

13. January 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Mmmmm, all those chocolate covered goodies. Have fun in Philly!

14. January 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Ahhhh that is awesome. I love Philly too 🙂 I’ve seen lots of celebrities in NYC, but it always takes me a second to realize who they are….they always look smaller in person!

15. January 23, 2011 8:31 pm

SO cool! Josh is originally from the Philadelphia area, so I’ve been in a few times. TJs is worth the trip alone 🙂 beware- those chocolate covered pom seeds are ADDICTIVE!

16. January 23, 2011 10:06 pm

I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve been to Philly and I’ve never seen a celeb. My husband lived there for 2 years while we were dating/engaged and I would go all of the time. That is so fun! I’m glad you go to stock up on goodies from TJs.

17. January 24, 2011 3:10 am

I am pretty sure I saw “The Russian” from Sex and the City when I was in NY 🙂

Great paparazzi pics!

18. Emo permalink
    January 24, 2011 8:09 pm

I saw Sissy Spacek and her daughter in the Apple store in town once. I grabbed my Mom’s arm and was like, “Mom! Do you know who that is?” because I couldn’t recall her name.
    Richmond has Trader Joe’s but I haven’t been yet. I’m intrigued by chocolate edamame, though.

• January 24, 2011 10:12 pm

You should have thrown some pig blood on her. 🙂

19. January 24, 2011 8:31 pm

I just visited Philly recently, too. It’s a fun city. I love your TJ buys. How is dark chocolate edamame?

• January 24, 2011 10:13 pm

It’s good! It honestly just kind of tastes like chocolate-covered nuts!

20. January 26, 2011 2:31 am

Philly’s great, but I LOATHE the Philly suburbs. I’m really a Pittsburgh girl at heart. 🙂