Double-Feature Friday

January 22, 2011

Hi friends! We’re about to hit the road for Philly, so just a quickie post today!

Last night, we saw The King’s Speech.  It sounds like many of you are interested in seeing it as well, and you should—it was great! Great story, great acting, stylishly filmed—I’d highly recommend it!

After the movie, we went for dinner at one of the Korean restaurants in town.  It was downright blustery yesterday—the kind of cold that seeps into your bones! Therefore, something hot and spicy was on the menu for me:

Spicy soybean paste soup with tofu and veggies.  This soup was *very* spicy—just the way I like it! I also swiped a few bites of Ryan’s delicious udon noodle & veggie dish:

Significantly less spicy, but still delicious!

When we returned home from State College, we settled into bed with our laptop and watched yet another movie! The reason we’re going to Philadelphia is to see the Barnes art exhibit.  It’s moving from its original home in Merion, PA (about 5 miles outside of Philly) to its new home at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and this move has been quite the scandal in the art world.  A documentary about the Barnes exhibit came out last year, and we wanted to watch it before visiting the exhibit. The film is called The Art of the Steal—have you heard of it? Here’s the trailer:

Crazy!!! We loved this documentary, and I’m so glad that we watched it before we visit the exhibit tomorrow.

Okay…gotta pack my overnight bag, and then it’s off to the City of Brotherly Love!

1. January 22, 2011 2:22 pm

My mom was telling me that The King’s Speech was really good. I need to see it. That soup sounds good too. I’ve only had Korean food once and the people at the restaurant were really confused when I said I wanted something without meat so it’s sort of scared me from trying it again! That might have just been this particular restaurant though.

2. January 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Sounds like you have another fun filled day set up! I will definitely check out that documentary. We love going to art museums. Have fun Anna!

3. Ali permalink
    January 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Loved,loved, LOVED The King’s Speech! Enjoy your trip to Philly!

4. Emo permalink
    January 22, 2011 2:42 pm

I read a case about the Barnes Foundation’s Trust! Fascinating! I’ll have to watch the movie. Enjoy your trip!

5. January 22, 2011 3:19 pm

That soup looks great. Have fun in Philly!!

6. January 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Glad you liked the movie and the soup looks wonderful. Have a fun weekend, can’t wait to heat about it!

7. January 22, 2011 5:52 pm

OMMMMMG Anna! I want that soup! You should totally re-create it at home an then mail me the recipe =) haha

8. January 22, 2011 6:05 pm

I want to see that movie as soon as possible. I try to see as many of the movies that are nominated for awards before the Oscars so I know which ones to root for 🙂

9. January 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Glad you liked it–as I said, we thought it was okay but didn’t love it like many people did.

10. January 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Your dinners look amazing…I love udon noodles, so I’m drooling a little bit over them! Have a great time!

11. Kelly permalink
    January 23, 2011 12:09 am

That trailor looked good!!! I love films like that!!

12. January 23, 2011 12:30 am

i dont know what happened but i just tried to coment on a post about celeb sightings..that disappeared on me?!

this is what i wrote:
    Omg when i used to live in wilmington NC where they filmed dawson’s creek in 2000-02, i used to do yoga next to katie holmes, pre tom cruise. in the dumpiest of dump yoga studios. this is a decade ago in the south, yoga was a foreign religion 🙂

and in 2005ish I used to practice next to gwyneth paltrow at my yoga studio in the san diego area. again, a very NO FRILLS yoga studio.

love your sightings!

13. January 23, 2011 1:52 am

Glad it was good, and Art of Steal looks great!!! Have a great weekend!

14. January 23, 2011 3:10 am

Your Philly post isn’t showing anymore 😦 but I read it on my Google Reader and the city of Brortherly Love sounds fantastic. In fact, it sounds a lot like Boston.You guys should visit again 😉

15. January 23, 2011 10:07 pm