Let The Sunshine In

January 14, 2011

Even though I’m apparently no longer an Aquarius, I decided today was still a good day to let the sunshine in:

In burger form, of course! It’s been a while since I’ve had Sunshine burgers in the house, and I’ll admit—I’ve missed them! They’re hands down my favorite of all the store-bought veggie burgers.  You just can’t beat them for great texture and big chunks of real veggies. On the side, I enjoyed some roasted cauliflower and carrot sticks. Plus a few squares of milk chocolate, which I fully enjoyed because…we both weighed in at under our pre-holiday starting weight!! I was 3 pounds under what I weighed in at in November, and Ryan was about .3 ounces under—but hey, that counts! We don’t know how big the pot is that we’ll be splitting…but we’re pretty proud of ourselves for not gaining holiday weight, so I guess that’s the real prize.  🙂

Off to get this weekend started with a craft project.  Have a great afternoon!

1. January 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I am starving now and need lunch! You just made it worse! I have never tried that brand before, but I think I need to look into it! Great job on the no holiday weight gain! Somehow I knew you guys would do well! Enjoy your crafting!

2. January 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Congrats! I was pleased to have lost weight over the holidays even with indulgences.

3. January 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Woohoo – congrats on the weigh in!

4. Ali permalink
    January 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Congrats to you and Ryan! That’s great!

5. January 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Mm that burger looks good! Boca soy burgers taste pretty awesome as well 🙂

6. January 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Leeeeeeeeeeet the sunshine in! ohmygosh you betch! i’m going to be singing this until i’m blue in the face =) I kid I kid… I’ll probably turn red not blue =) haha

I’m so in a burger kind of mood tonight! I’m thinking avocado and provalone… or swiss… mushrooms…. ahhh I want it all! =)

my sign didn’t change. which is good. b/c it is tattooed on my foot!

7. January 14, 2011 9:01 pm

your sunshine-y photos are making me so happy today. I miss eating meals with the sun shining!

8. January 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Those photos look good enough to eat 😉

I love love loveeee the mushroom lover veggie burgers by Morningstar. They are my total fav!

9. January 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Yum, it’s been awhile since I’ve had Sunshine burgers too. And congrats on the pot, 3 lbs. is an awesome accomplishment!

10. goodeatsgirl permalink
    January 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh, those look good! Way to go not gaining holiday weight! That’s a huge accomplishment!

11. January 14, 2011 11:07 pm

that’s really incredible Anna!

12. January 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Congrats on winning the pot! I hope it’s enough money to buy you something nice for yourself! I’ve never had a sunshine burger but my fav veggie burgers are Dr. Praeger’s.

13. January 15, 2011 1:02 am

Burger looks great! Congrats on winning!! 🙂

14. actorsdiet permalink
    January 15, 2011 2:16 am

sunshine burgers are my favorite as well and it’s been a while since i’ve bought them b/c i almost always get my stuff at TJ’s.

15. Kim permalink
    January 15, 2011 3:52 am

I’ve never tried sunshine burgers, but they look pretty good! Will have to add them to my list!

Congrats on loosing weight during the holidays! And of course 3 oz count!

16. January 15, 2011 4:44 am

Hey! I just came across your blog 🙂 Congratulations on the weight loss over the Holidays. I stayed the same :/ Better than gaining though since they say the avg american gains SIX pounds! I’ve never had those type of veggie burgers – I actually just thought of a good recipe to make my own for next week. I hope they turn out!

17. January 15, 2011 5:32 am

Yay for not gaining!! Thats so impressive with all of the indulgences that come with the holidays.

Also, I looooove sunshine burgers! I have to cross over the boarder to get them and even then I have to make sure I’m able to get home quickly to put them in the freezer. It doesn’t happen too often so I appreciate it whenever I get them.

18. January 15, 2011 12:54 pm

I’m no longer an Aquarius, either. Capricorn now? Feels weird, but I never fit the water sign at all!

19. greensandjeans permalink
    January 15, 2011 2:17 pm

I read that we actually stick to our old signs because the new sign wasn’t in alignment with the human world or something…

20. January 15, 2011 2:35 pm

i’ve never tried sunshine burgers, but they sound really great! my fave = black bean burgers. 🙂

21. January 15, 2011 3:54 pm

I am an Aquarius too! In light of the news I wonder if I still am…

Congrats on the 3 lbs! That is really great news since most people gain instead of lose during the holidays.

22. January 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Sunshine are my all-time fav veggie burger too-and the health benefits aren’t to bad either!!!
    3lbs through the holidays? AWESOME!

23. January 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Congratulations on those three pounds, lady! Being able to make that happen during the holidays is just huge. I was a Virgo, now I’m a Leo…go figure, right?

24. Ginger permalink
    January 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Congratulations on the weigh-in!! I take it as a personal success, since you were staying at my house! All this talk about signs – I’m May 2 – am I still a Taurus? If not, what am I now? Also, what is your craft project? Send pictures!!

25. January 16, 2011 12:45 am

Hi Anna! I’m just catching up on blog visits. Alas, I no longer seem to be a Capricorn!
    Re a few blogs back: You met Ryan G. at the Charleston “Teeter”? Well, I met Vanna White there!! I did see “The Notebook” but am not a fan of his novels. I am a fan of those Sunshine burgers.

Best,
    Bonnie

26. January 16, 2011 5:53 pm

I have never tried the sunshine burgers. They look pretty tasty though. I usually stick to black bean burgers. Congrats on the weigh in and hope you had a wonderful weekend

27. January 16, 2011 9:14 pm

I actually haven’t tried ANY store bought veggie burgers yet! I’ve made my own, which were great. I’d like to buy some just to have on hand so I’ll look for that brand, thanks for the recommendation!

28. January 17, 2011 3:04 am

He he he… I don’t care what they say- I’m gonna be a Leo for life!