Boring Dinner and Bachelor Deep Thoughts

January 11, 2011

Hi friends! Sorry for not blogging last night—I was waist-deep in Bachelor drama!

Dinner was pretty boring (but delicious) anyway:

Tamari-roasted kabocha squash over couscous.  Not exactly the most exciting (or complicated) dinner, but it was very easy to throw together, and we returned home starving from the gym around 6:30, so we wanted something with minimal effort!

And now, it’s time to introduce a little segment of the blog that I’m going to call…The Bachelor: After the Episode.  During these segments, I will pose astute observations and burning questions about the show that has captured everyone’s* hearts.

Thoughts on the episode in no particular order:

• Really, Train?  You’ve had two number one hit singles in the past year, and you feel it necessary to go on The Bachelor?  I thought this show was where obscure seventies bands go to die.
  • Did they really manage to make it through the entire “blood donation” segment without a single crack about Madison’s teeth?  Also, given the number of vd’s the girls must have (Michelle, I’m looking at you), I have to wonder if any of them would even qualify to give blood.
  • Speaking of Michelle, do you think she was upset about how she spent her thirtieth birthday?
  • Speaking of her thirtieth birthday, does she really think she’s fooling anyone?  Bitch, you are at least 45 years old.  At least.
  • Ali’s hair looks fugly.  I thought it couldn’t get worse than those dumbass extensions she was rocking in her season.  I was wrong. But hey, Roberto’s still hot, so at least she has that.
  • Brad picked a vampire over a rockette.
  • Let me repeat that: Brad picked a VAMPIRE over a ROCKETTE.

Annnnnd, that’s all for now.  I wonder if I could somehow turn these thoughts into a well-developed Master’s thesis?

It’s my first day of classes today, but I’ll probably get another post up for lunch! See ya!

*Yes, I know not “everyone” watches The Bachelor.  But if you don’t watch it, why do I know you?

1. January 11, 2011 2:37 pm

First off, your dinner is not boring..I love simple good meals! Second, I don’t watch the show, but enjoy the recap, I feel, more than I would the show. Now I know what everyone is talking about. Thank you for the insider info. Good luck today!

2. January 11, 2011 2:38 pm

I hate Michelle…seriously…and 30..um no way. She looks a lot older…A. LOT. I also thought Ali looked BAD…but yes Roberto is still a hottie! Overalll a good episode…lots of drama. When it was over I looked at Keith grateful that I am 29, married and not resorting to the bachelor. 🙂

3. January 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Wow why dont I watch the Bachelor??? I love a show where there are soooo many interesting things to discuss afterwards!

4. January 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Thank you for your Bachelor comments. You put into words exactly what I was thinking. You should check out http://www.ihategreenbeans.com/…she does hilarious Bach recaps every week. Jillian’s season recaps literally made me want to pee my pants sometimes. 🙂

5. January 11, 2011 2:52 pm

i kind of wish i’d watched…your deep thoughts are awesome!

6. January 11, 2011 3:25 pm

I’ve never seen it. But I can talk your ear off about other reality shows – The Real World, Teen Mom, Project Runway etc.

7. Ginger permalink
    January 11, 2011 3:39 pm

I guess I’m going to have to watch the Bachelor now. I love your comments and I don’t even know who you’re talking about (except that vampire!!) Funny stuff!

8. January 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Kabocha is never boring in my book 😉

9. January 11, 2011 5:00 pm

I wonder if it’s creative editing or is the vampire girl really that creepy in real-life? If so, why is Brad still going with her?

Do I hear a resounding…ratings??

• January 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Ha, yes. I noticed they didn’t have ANY non-caucasian women this time. Maybe it’s their attempt to bring in a little diversity.

10. January 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Ha I’m sorry I’ve actually NEVER watched it!

11. Natasha permalink
    January 11, 2011 5:52 pm

You hit the nail on the head with your Bachelor rundown!

12. January 11, 2011 5:54 pm

I missed the rose ceremony last night due to a conference call . . . thanks for the update

AND yeah – cannot believe he kept the vampire chic on – obviously the producers are influencing his decisions don’t you think?

13. January 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Eh, you don’t have to apologize for life happening, totally understandable. Dinner looks great, I’m a fan of just about anything with kabocha squash. Haven’t checked out Bachelor in awhile, but I’m so behind on TV!

14. January 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Kobucha squash is the only type I haven’t tried yet, I need to get on that bandwagon! And I am a non-bachelor watcher and realize that puts me in a corner…by myself…haha but I’m a sucker for all other reality shows!

15. January 11, 2011 7:43 pm

I don’t watch it….but you love me anyways, admit it! =) haha

I’m super jealous of your squash right now ❤

xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

16. January 11, 2011 8:29 pm

I didn’t finish watching the Bachelor, so I just read about dinner! Now you have me VERY anxious to finish the episode when I get home!!

17. January 11, 2011 9:02 pm

I don’t watch the bachelor, but I did laugh out loud at your comments… does one of the girls really think she’s a vampire?? Now I have to watch.

18. January 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Because we’re related.

19. January 11, 2011 11:12 pm

now that dinner does not look boring!! hope your first day of class goes well!!

20. January 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Hahahaha I don’t watch The Bachelor. I do have similar thoughts during the Real Housewives and Millionaire Matchmaker, though. Quality television.

21. January 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Haha love it! Uh…did you get the memo that today’s my 30th birthday? LOL

I have a bet on with the hubby for $50! He says Ashely the dentist is going to be the one.

I say Nada!! Hope I win our bet…fingers crossed!! Who are you rooting for?

• January 12, 2011 4:53 pm

I could see that too, actually! I think Emily is going to come close, but I think that the kid thing is going to scare him off in the end.