Ugly Ass Soup

December 3, 2010

I tried to come up with a pleasing moniker for this soup.  But despite my best efforts, I came up empty-handed, because at its core, this really is just an ugly-ass soup.  You can’t put lipstick on a gorilla and call him Christy Turlington.

Despite its less than attractive physical appearance, rest assured that this soup was very, very tasty.  Kale, kabocha, barley, and curry…what’s not to like?

Besides, if we’ve learned anything from teen movies like She’s All That, it’s that outward beauty isn’t everything.  Well, that, and that all you have to do to make someone completely undesirable is slap a pair of glasses on them.

But no one really buys into that…right, Mama Pea?  😉

Off to go teach! Have a great Friday!

1. December 3, 2010 3:37 pm

Oh, I’m all that! And a bag of kale chips.

2. December 3, 2010 4:37 pm

Sometimes the ugliest food is the tastiest, right?

And if the Gorilla has nice legs, can you call him Christy?

3. December 3, 2010 4:54 pm

It’s what’s on the inside that counts, right?!

4. December 3, 2010 5:05 pm

Whatever…it might be ugly, but looks like the best soup EVER.

5. December 3, 2010 5:39 pm

Okay, so at first I read your blog post as “Ugly (pause) Ass Soup” and was slightly grossed out, haha!
    Soup looks yummy (now that I know it’s not ass soup).
    -Lisa

6. December 3, 2010 6:45 pm

If it’s good, it’s good!

Re a few posts back, every girl MUST have a Tiffany’s box–or two–in her life!

Best,
    Bonnie

7. Ayla permalink
    December 3, 2010 8:31 pm

That is a very appropriate name but I’ve found that the ugliest dinners.. usually end up tasting the best. Seriously. I’ve had soup/stew/whatever that looks downright unappealing but tastes like heaven.

8. December 4, 2010 12:46 am

LOL! I love the name.

9. December 4, 2010 12:48 am

Love the name, too funny 😉 Sometimes I make not so pretty dishes but they always taste amazing, LOL

HUGS
    ~Lori

10. December 4, 2010 1:23 am

Aw, I bet the soup I did last night was uglier. 😛 Actually the soup looks great to me, anything with kabocha is right up my alley.

11. December 4, 2010 11:59 am

As soon as I saw the title I couldn’t wait to see what was in the ugly ass soup! Looks tasty 🙂

Jen

12. December 4, 2010 1:16 pm

hahhaha I think MOST soups….are just plain ugly. But ugly food can be some of the best tasting. I haven’t really had a lot of kale, I kind of want to try this!!

13. December 4, 2010 2:27 pm

The soup looks pretty to me. Do you find that soup is impossible to take nice pictures of, no matter what it looks like? I always have a hard time with it.