Omelet This One Go

November 5, 2010

Goood morning! Happy Friday! I’m officially in Thanksgiving break countdown mode—I can’t believe I’ll be home in under two weeks!  In fact, our half-marathon is two weeks from tomorrow…yikes!

Last night, I was on my own for dinner so I whipped up a simple omelet:

I can’t believe it actually turned out okay! Usually when I made omelets, they turn into scrambled eggs about halfway through the process because I mess them up beyond repair.  I was quite pleased with myself for this one! It was filled with spinach and goat cheese…sorry, Daiya. Sometimes, you just gotta go for the real deal.

This morning, I’ve been following the facebook fallout from this fiasco (you like that alliteration?).

My friend Emily posted about this on Facebook, in part because the exact same thing happened to her recently! You can read her blog post about the incident here

It’s amazing to me that these supposedly professional magazines and newspapers would do something that is just so blatantly unethical, wrong, and, frankly, very LAZY! What gets me the most is how rude the editor of Cooks Source was in her response.  She was so condescending in her reply…and I can’t believe she had the nerve to suggest that the writer pay HER compensation for editing the article.  Ugh.

We’re going to Nick and Emily’s tomorrow for a big Oktoberfest party, so I’m sure we’ll get to talk about it more then!  I think Emily’s pretty fired up about it…and I don’t blame her!

Okay…off to do some writing of my own, and then maybe a little baking!

Have a great day!

1. November 5, 2010 2:08 pm

For once, your post came through reader right away! Usually it comes thru like 15 hours later for me. I can’t believe that fiasco. That is ridiculous.

• November 5, 2010 2:13 pm

I never understand why it goes through so late for you!! Bah!

2. November 5, 2010 2:16 pm

Holy crap I just read that article, that’s ridiculous. Anyway, sometimes omelet’s make the best dinner.

3. November 5, 2010 2:36 pm

Whoa! I’m surprised magazines and newspapers would stoop so low.

4. November 5, 2010 2:45 pm

I can’t make omelets either. That’s the hubby’s job in our household. I tend to mess with it too much, smooshing it around. Thanks for the link to the article and blog post by the way.

5. November 5, 2010 3:05 pm

I can NEVER make an omelette…I always end up with scrambles, too. 🙂

6. November 5, 2010 3:23 pm

My husband sent me a write up on this yesterday. Crazy how they are steeling from people like that!

Omelets are the perfect alone meal! Yours looks delicious!

7. November 5, 2010 5:49 pm

My husband always makes the eggs in our house too. Yours looks yum!

8. November 5, 2010 6:25 pm

I think I’m going to do eggs for dinner- they are so so delicious. Your omelet looks very pretty 🙂 Goat cheese melts up so nice too. We had an Oktoberfest party recently- a total blast. Hope you guys have fun

9. November 5, 2010 6:27 pm

I dig the title of this post 😀

I can’t believe the magazine’s response. Absolutely ridiculous. I would be livid!!!