Showing My O Face

October 28, 2010

You know what I’m talking about…

Okra!  After seeing them on Kath’s blog quite a few times, I finally made okra fries tonight.  Spicy Cajun okra fries, to be exact.

These bad boys couldn’t be easier.  I sprayed them with olive oil spray (I use Spectrum), and then sprinkled with salt and Cajun seasoning (I use Tony’s).  Baked for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees, and they came out perfectly crispy and spicy! Yum!  We served ours with baked beans and lots of ketchup.

These okra fries definitely had me making my O face…because they were so hot!

What did you think I meant?

Ohhhhhhhh, that O face.  Nope.  Not tonight.

Sorry, Ryan.

🙂 See you kids tomorrow!

1. October 28, 2010 12:24 am

This looks awesome! I haven’t tried okra yet but all the blogs make me crave it.

2. October 28, 2010 12:44 am

DROOL! i’m making these…couldn’t have seasoned ’em better either 😉

3. October 28, 2010 12:50 am

The O face is cracking me up way too much. I LOVE that movie – I could watch it every week like a sitcom and not get tired of it;)

4. October 28, 2010 12:58 am

Haha this post is great. Love okra fries though- they’re amazing dipped in salsa!!

5. Ayla permalink
    October 28, 2010 1:50 am

Ahahaha.. you’re awesome. 😉

I’ve yet to try okra because my grocery store never gets it. What does it taste similar to?

6. October 28, 2010 2:31 am

what a great idea! and so easy… i’ve never tried okra before but this is all the reason to.

7. October 28, 2010 10:51 am

Can you believe I’ve never tried okra? I NEED to give this bad boy a go.
    Just found your blog and I ❤ it already! Can't wait to read more 🙂

8. October 28, 2010 11:23 am

That movie is just the best! I wish I was a fan of okra. I am scarred from my childhood. You make it look so good though…I wonder if my boys would like this. I may have to try it out.

9. October 28, 2010 11:28 am

Haha, I love it! RACY!! 😉

The okra fries look awesome!

10. October 28, 2010 11:34 am

Okra… it’s on my “things to try” list. These little fries look great!

11. Ginger permalink
    October 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Too many of your readers have never tried okra – I guess it’s really a southern vegetable, isn’t it? Have you ever featured okra and tomatoes on your blog? You should – I bet they would love it! (I’ve got to go play a word!)

12. October 28, 2010 2:27 pm

HAHA, poor Ryan.

13. October 28, 2010 3:07 pm

I have been meaning to try roasting okra for ages now. Thanks for the reminder, I need to get on that! The spices sound great too.

14. October 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Looks great! Okra and I have always had an luke warm relationship, I haven’t found a great recipe for it yet. But this looks like an awesome one to try.