Pasta Tastes Better…

October 13, 2010

…when it’s free!

Hey guys! Sorry for no lunch post today—we had gorgeous weather, so I decided to walk up to campus…but, as usual, I was running late, so I didn’t snap any pictures of my lunch.  It wasn’t exciting anyway—Kashi bar, huge honeycrisp (seriously—it weighed 12 ounces), soy nuts, and crackers.  Thrilling, I know.  I’ve been taking really snacky lunches to school lately, which works well for my teaching schedule.  On my days off, I prefer to eat a regular lunch, but when I’m teaching, I really enjoy being able to graze all afternoon on a bunch of different things.

Anyway— long story short: no lunch pictures.

But—I do have dinner pics! Which is good, because it was dang tasty! A long, long while ago, through the Foodbuzz Tastemakers program, I received a coupon to try a free Buitoni Riserva refrigerated pasta dish.  I hadn’t used my coupon yet because A) I’m not usually huge on refrigerated stuffed pastas like premade ravioli and tortellini, and B) Every time I saw the Buitoni pasta dishes at our grocery store, all I could find was the meat-filled pasta.  But, yesterday at the store, I finally spotted a mushroom dish and snatched it up! I figured it would be perfect for a night like tonight where I wanted an easy, fast dinner.

And I was right!

I haven’t been a huge fan of premade stuffed pasta in the past (although my mother-in-law does make a tortellini salad that I absolutely love, and my mother makes a tortellini soup that I love…so maybe I like them more than I thought!), but these were really good! Ryan and I split the package between the two of us, which gave us six agnolotti a piece—it doesn’t sound like a lot, but it was actually really filling! The mushroom filling was tasty, if a little gluey by the last few pastas.  Overall, I’d give these a strong B+!

We served ours with the last of our butternut squash pasta sauce, and a side salad for some greenery.

Yum! Thanks, Buitoni!

Off to watch Gleeeeeeeeeee!

1. October 13, 2010 12:21 am

I just signed up for the foodbuzz tastemaker program today! Looks like a great meal!

2. October 13, 2010 12:24 am

Great meal! YUM! Enjoy Glee, I will be watching it on Hulu tomorrow…I can’t force my husband to watch it. Besides, I fear he will make fun, so I just keep it for me! Have a great night Anna!

3. Kelly permalink
    October 13, 2010 12:30 am

A 12 ounce honeycrisp?? That might be my idea of heaven!

• October 13, 2010 12:45 am

It was seriously GINORMOUS. And awesome. 🙂

4. October 13, 2010 12:53 am

I really don’t buy many pre-packaged things either, but sometimes they really come in handy (like my tamales tonight).

5. October 13, 2010 12:57 am

I swear our honeyscrisps are just a tad smaller than a volleyball! They’re HUGE!

6. October 13, 2010 1:07 am

Oh, that reminds me that I have that Buitini coupon too. That stuff is good!

7. October 13, 2010 1:10 am

i tried the lobster ravioli and it was awesome…now i gotta go get the mushroom! it looks amazing!

8. greensandjeans permalink
    October 13, 2010 4:31 am

Target has had Honeycrips the size of basketballs. Be still my heart

9. October 13, 2010 11:56 am

What is better than a larger than life apple in season? Ok, I mean, besides an apple pie?? 😉

10. October 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Very cool, I need to sign up for the program! I’m a fan of mushroom anything lately.

11. October 16, 2010 5:57 pm

The mushroom and cheese blends of these pastas are just fabulous!! I try not to get them unless they are on sale (cause they are a little pricey but a GREAT convenience food in a pinch!). They freeze like a champ!!!