Feeling Female

October 8, 2010

In a move that unabashedly celebrates my double X chromosomes, I just tried on EVERY SINGLE DRESS IN MY CLOSET and decided that none of them, NONE, are right for the wedding we’ll be attending this weekend.

Sigh.

How lovely to be a woman indeed, Ann Margaret.

They never sing about the closet meltdowns, do they?

We’re leaving for California tomorrow.  It’s going to be a whirlwind weekend, so blogging might not happen.  I’ll definitely take a lot of pictures, so be prepared for a full recap on Sunday night!

Have a great weekend, if I don’t talk to you!

1. October 8, 2010 2:21 am

Have fun!!!

2. October 8, 2010 2:26 am

OOOOOh I loved that movie growing up…amazing! I am sure you will find something lovely to wear! HAVE FUN in CA lady!

3. October 8, 2010 2:39 am

Girl, you have been busy. Just caught up with your posts, and now you are off again! Have safe travels!!

• October 8, 2010 10:54 am

Yeah, it’s been crazy! Thankfully, things calm down after this weekend!

4. October 8, 2010 4:10 am

I also LOVED that movie–I should Netflix it pronto.
    Have fun in beaUtiful California! Not sure what part of the state you’re coming to but if it’s Northern California the weather is absolutely perfect. 🙂
    -Lisa

5. greensandjeans permalink
    October 8, 2010 5:12 am

Now that sounds like the absolute perfect reason to go shopping. Safe travels!

6. October 8, 2010 11:18 am

I, too, have a wedding this weekend. I have a rehearsal dinner to attend tonight, and I have decided I MUST get a cut and color AND shoes before that. You know, in my free time:).

7. October 8, 2010 11:49 am

I tore my closet apart this weekend looking for the perfect outfit. I know your pain.

8. October 8, 2010 12:25 pm

I’m sure you look gorgeous in every dress you tried on!

9. October 8, 2010 12:28 pm

California!? Have fun!

10. October 8, 2010 12:58 pm

I feel your pain. I, too, have a wedding this weekend and had to make a dash to the Ann Taylor sales rack yesterday. Fall weddings are a rough on my wardrobe!

11. October 8, 2010 1:53 pm

I am the worst at having total dress up meltdowns! We don’t go to many fancy things and since we work from home, we never have to dress up. So, most things I wear that are nice are out of date when I need to wear them again! Have a great trip and I can’t wait to read the recap!

12. October 8, 2010 4:14 pm

It always sees that these kinds of clothes-tastrophes happen when you’re busiest and have no time to shop! I hope you’re able to find a cute dress for the wedding!
    ~Allison
    Fit&Fab Living

13. October 8, 2010 5:21 pm

so wish i could come!!! i need a trip to Cali BADLY ❤
    have a blast love ❤

14. October 8, 2010 5:37 pm

Oh girl I did that last night trying to get ready for my work event. It looked like the closet exploded by the time I was done with my fit. Hope you have safe travels !

15. Ginger permalink
    October 8, 2010 7:59 pm

Have fun! Your thank-you gift was sent off today, but it won’t get to Altoona until Wednesday (!) I think they are strapping onto a shetland pony, who is trotting to Pennsylvania. Anyway, hope you guys have a great trip!

16. October 8, 2010 9:39 pm

Can totally relate, I can’t stand any of my dresses! Have a great trip, can’t wait to hear more!

17. October 9, 2010 2:48 am

Don’t you hate it when that happens…

18. actorsdiet permalink
    October 9, 2010 3:31 am

I LOVE BYE BYE BIRDIE!!!! i swear i used to do that whole “how lovely to be a woman” scene in my bedroom – jeans under the bed and all.

19. October 9, 2010 3:39 am

behind on reading but i didnt even know you were going to a wedding or to CA??!! What part of CA?!! We need to meet!!!

Dresses and not having one that works…but of course, thats the ONLY way id expect things to pan out. Serioulsy that is me all the way!

20. October 9, 2010 7:12 am

You sure are a busy lady but have a great time!! 🙂

My dresses never seem to be perfect for a certain occasion either. But isn’t it always like that?

21. October 9, 2010 12:15 pm

shoot, i hate that feeling. you must have an old faithful right? one that ryan has seen so many times he could cry? just wear that!

22. October 9, 2010 11:00 pm

hehe, you sound like me last night! I had a very special dinner date and had no idea what to wear. I think I spent an hour trying on clothes until I finally found an outfit that worked. BUT THEN, right before we left, I changed!! haha, women, we are great 🙂

Have fun at the wedding!

23. October 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Have a safe and amazing trip to CA, although you are probably back by now! Hope the wedding was fun!