Greetings from Hershey!

October 2, 2010

The sweetest place on Earth!

Someone is VERY excited to be here:

Chocolate makes us happy in this family.

Hey guys! We made it here yesterday afternoon around 5:00…the drive was beautiful! We haven’t really been to this part of the state yet, and I’m glad that we’re making the trip—it’s really pretty here, and only a few hours from us!

We got all checked in and explored the grounds of the hotel—I promise, I’ll do a full post with more pictures, because this hotel is beautiful!!! Gardens, topiaries…the works!

After exploring a bit, we headed to one of the hotel restaurants, Trevi 5, for dinner.  Ryan and I started out with a shared cheese plate:

Mmmmm…one of the cheese was a cow’s cheese with truffles…it was SO good.  We also enjoyed a hard sheep’s cheese, and a softer bleu as well.

My dad ordered a beet salad that was really pretty (and topped with meat, ha):

For my entree, I actually went lighter and got an entree salad with shaved fennel, arugula, butternut squash, and spicy pepitas.  It was light, but filling—just what I wanted.  I also enjoyed generous bites of my dad’s gnocchi, and a small piece of my mom’s fig and goat cheese pizza.  It was all delicious!

And of course, we finished up with, what else—chocolate! Upon our arrival, we were handed complimentary chocolate bars from the hotel.  Even though I was stuffed from our Italian meal, I finished up my bar when we got back to our room.  I just can’t turn down chocolate!

Today, we’re headed to the Gettysburg Annual Apple Festival, about an hour away.  I’ll be sure to take lots of pics!

Hope you’re having a fun-filled fall weekend, just like me!

1. October 2, 2010 1:45 pm

I think M’s face (and mine too) would resemble that excitement at the thought of chocolate.

And that dinner sounds about perfect.

2. October 2, 2010 6:37 pm

Chocolate–it’s for all!!!!!

I did kale chips yesterday. I looked back for your recipe and couldn’t find it so went to the web. They were delicious. Even Oliver, our dalmatian, enjoyed a few.

Best,
    Bonnie

3. October 2, 2010 8:33 pm

I don’t get people who don’t like chocolate. They must be living on a different planet. 😉

4. Kelly permalink
    October 2, 2010 10:50 pm

That cheese plate looks amazing!!! I could live on cheese plates forever!!

5. actorsdiet permalink
    October 3, 2010 12:40 am

i have such fond memories of hershey – i loved how the lamps were kiss-shaped and the entire place smelled of chocolate!

6. October 3, 2010 2:25 am

“Upon our arrival, we were handed complimentary chocolate bars from the hotel. ”

Ummm that’s the sign of a class act establishment and no matter how full i was from dinner, I would have scarfed them…and asked for extra! LOL

🙂

7. October 3, 2010 2:30 am

OMG, Sophie is too cute! Glad you guys are having such a great time. If you get a chance, you, Gin-gah and your sis should check out The Spa at The Hotel Hershey — everything they offer is choco-inspired (mani, pedi, massage, etc)

• October 3, 2010 11:53 am

We’re doing the spa today!!! I’m SO excited!

8. October 3, 2010 7:13 pm

Wow – wherever you are eating sounds fabulous! 🙂

9. October 4, 2010 12:08 pm

Sounds like fun!! Your niece’s smile is just amazing. She’s adorable!

I would have a heart attack if my dad ordered a beet salad. Good for your dad for ordering something on the healthy-side! My dad ordered fried bologna last time we went out to eat……yuck.

10. October 4, 2010 12:10 pm

Good food and good company…Life. Is. Good.

I hope you have fun at the apple festival!

11. October 5, 2010 12:23 am