I Promise…

September 18, 2010

…eventually I’ll stop doing this:

But for now, it’s just too fun.

I just got back from an 8 mile run, so this fun face was the perfectly balanced recovery meal.  You know what was not balanced?

My dinner last night: cookies.

image

C is for cookie.  And complete lack of self-control.

Yep—that’s it.  Just cookies.  We’re having some people over tonight for pizza and Pictionary, and last night I went ahead and baked some cookies ahead of time for our dessert.  Unfortunately, I was not able to keep my hands off of them, proving to myself AGAIN why I don’t bake.  One cookies turned into six, and before I knew it I’d ruined any appetite I had for a regular dinner.  So then I had a few more cookies.

I could definitely feel my less than healthy dinner choice on my run today.  But you know, I just started over this morning with a healthy breakfast, a workout, and a healthy lunch.  You can’t undo the past, you can only make smarter decisions in the present, right?

I’m feeling very zen today, evidently.

On that note, we’re off to buy wine for tonight!

I’ll have a fun recap post tonight or tomorrow!

1. September 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Please don’t stop!

2. September 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Don’t stop!!! It’s a fun way to present food 😀

3. September 18, 2010 8:10 pm

No, no! I like it when you play with your food!

Have a nice evening with friends. Pizza can show personality too!!

Best,
    Bonnie

4. September 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Enjoy the pizza. I am so with you on cookies – it’s the very reason I don’t bake either!!

5. September 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Love the smiley face – what a nice plate to see after a run! 🙂

6. September 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Maya loved this picture even more than yesterday’s. Like I said, I do whatever it takes to entertain my kid!! 🙂

7. September 19, 2010 12:06 am

You know what? It’s ok. It happens to all of us. Moving on and being ‘zen’ about it is the best attitude!

8. September 19, 2010 12:43 am

it’s hard not to make your food smile, isn’t it? i love it!

9. September 19, 2010 1:28 am

Haha, I love the food faces!! I’ve snacked on cookies to the point it turned into a meal a time or 2 before. Never good! But you had some carbs on board for that run! 8 – woo! Hope your wine time is going well 🙂

10. September 19, 2010 12:48 pm

no, never stop!! i love your food faces ❤
    smiles always taste better than frowns 🙂

xoxo

11. greensandjeans permalink
    September 19, 2010 5:55 pm

I’m pretty sure we have all been there. I have had ice cream and popcorn for dinner more times than I care to admit…

12. Kelly permalink
    September 19, 2010 10:34 pm

I love your smiling food!!! It makes me smile!

13. September 20, 2010 3:29 am

I personally love to play with my food and yours made me smile so big! 😀

Don’t stop being a “four year old” it’s too fun!

14. September 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Omg thats adorable! I love that and I love your mindset about eating too many cookies! Thats something I struggle with and its nice to know other people deal with that guilt and then the positive thoughts they have to overcome it. It gives me an idea as to how I can beat my negative thoughts next time I am in that situation! Thanks girl! =) Looking foward to reading!

15. September 22, 2010 6:19 pm

I agree with your mindset. There’s no point in dwelling over too many cookies. Might as well move on with living well in the present!
    Have I commented on your blog before?
    Because I’m really enjoying reading it.