Dinner at the Table

August 31, 2010

Hey guys! Welcome to Sit-ember (blog reader Stacey came up with that—I love it!):

We enjoyed our dinner tonight…where else?  At the table! Grilled veggie sandwiches and kale chips were on the menu tonight.

Ryan manned the grill:

When the veggies were cooked, we served them over pita flatbread with a little dijon and some feta.

Plus kale chips and ketchup for dipping:

Yum!

We just got back from a nice two mile walk…the September challenge is off to a great start! Have a great night!

1. Kim permalink
    August 31, 2010 1:26 am

That looks like a yummy fast dinner – will have to try it! Thanks!

2. August 31, 2010 1:27 am

Sit-ember! Too cute! 😉 Your dinner looks awesome, glad you’re doing well with your challenge already!! 🙂

3. diana permalink
    August 31, 2010 2:52 am

i’ve been reading your blog for a few months now sometimes! just want to comment something so you know there’s someone new out there reading your blog!

dinner looks so yummy. great photography. great lighting too!

4. August 31, 2010 3:43 am

those mushrooms are so cute on the grill 🙂 i love that you ate dinner at the table! i thought of you while i ate my burger on the couch 🙂

5. August 31, 2010 4:31 am

This looks like a great meal!

6. greensandjeans permalink
    August 31, 2010 5:14 am

Growing up we ate dinner together as a family at the table (being able to eat in front of the TV was a special treat!), and I think it’s one of the reasons we all are so close!

7. August 31, 2010 5:42 am

I love the concept of your new challenge- we never sit at the table and I think it’s so important to build that habit!

8. August 31, 2010 9:53 am

that dinner looks SO good! i love the chargrilled pieces! 🙂

9. August 31, 2010 10:40 am

Your dinner looks delish!

10. August 31, 2010 11:54 am

Grilled veggies? I just can’t get enough!!

p.s. Sit-ember…love it!

11. August 31, 2010 1:13 pm

Awesome way to start off the new challenge. Dinner looks fantastic (as always). Good job.

12. August 31, 2010 1:18 pm

Now that looks like an absolutely delicious dinner. Love all the veggie variation!!

13. August 31, 2010 1:52 pm

This is a great challenge! I think eating at the table is so important

14. August 31, 2010 2:04 pm

I LOVE your new challenge! Sadly we don’t have a kitchen table because we don’t have room for it! We always, always eat in front of the tv which i hate. this will be great for your relationship!

15. August 31, 2010 2:16 pm

I found your blog through some random link today, and am really enjoying reading it so far.

I’ve been vegetarian for a long, long time (I grew up in a half-vegetarian family, and gave up all meat in my early teens), but I’m still always looking or new recipes and ideas.

Looking forward to your new posts! 🙂

16. Stacey permalink
    August 31, 2010 7:37 pm

I am bursting with pride at the Sit-ember reference. Lol.