Greens, Greens

August 27, 2010

They’re good for your heart!

The more you eat ‘em, the more you enjoy dietary fiber, iron, calcium, phytochemicals, carotenoids, lutein and folic acid in your diet.

Huh.  It’s not as catchy as the “beans” rhyme.   But at least they don’t make you…well, you know.

Lunch:

Collards, sauteed with a little shoyu (soy sauce) and agave, plus baby bella mushrooms and golden raisins, and topped with homemade raw crackers.  Yum!

Gotta get started on our dip for tonight! I think I’ve picked out a good one—I’ll post the recipe later this weekend!  Hope you have a great Friday and an awesome weekend!

1. August 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Ooohh those crackers look good! Do you have a recipe? 🙂

2. August 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Funny – I was just wondering what shoyu is about 10 mins ago – I had read the word somewhere and vaguely thought to myself that I should look up its definition.

3. August 27, 2010 7:09 pm

❤ collards + raisins!

4. highonhealthy permalink
    August 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Yum! As for your new take on the bean song.. your version is much more appealing. 😉

5. August 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Perfect salad! Those crackers look delish… I’d also like the recipe if you have time.

6. August 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Yum! Anyone who knows me, knows how I love raisins in salads! Great way to use your crackers!!!

Have fun brewing beer tonight!!!

7. August 27, 2010 11:18 pm

You have me wanting a dehydrator now! Those crackers look so good on the salad! Have a great weekend Anna!

8. August 28, 2010 2:23 am

loving the crackers! i have a give away up right now for chia seeds w. a link to my chia and other seed crackers. i added agave and made em sweet. shocker, i know. love the new raw you…dehydrator and all!!!!!

9. greensandjeans permalink
    August 28, 2010 5:04 am

I’m really curious to hear your wrap up on your raw month! Have a great weekend Anna!

10. August 28, 2010 5:09 am

You crack me up!

The crackers look really delicious…did you have a recipe for them? I’m always trying to find something gluten-free to munch on!

11. August 28, 2010 9:14 am

Mmm I love flax crackers but I’ve never made them myself before because my dehydrator is pretty much uncapable to do anything other than dehydrating fruit..

Love your greens too! They look so fresh!

12. August 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Feel free to send me some of those crackers 😉 I love a big old green salad.