Off to a Good Start

August 25, 2010

Hello, friends!

Well, I don’t want to speak prematurely, but my classes today were awesome! I’m actually really excited about this semester now—my students were really engaged and talkative.  I also referenced the Rod Belding episode of Saved By the Bell, and one student asked me if I was going to take them on a rafting trip later in the semester.  Automatic A.

Dinner tonight was really easy—I didn’t get home until about 6:55, and we were both really hungry! This afternoon, I snacked on a Lara bar, thank goodness! It held me over, but by the time dinnertime rolled around, I was ready for some food!

We’ve had this Amy’s pizza in the freezer for a long time, and tonight was the perfect night to enjoy it:

Broccoli pesto pizza, topped with fresh tomatoes and basil.  I’m always impressed with how delicious Amy’s pizzas are! If you have to go frozen, they’re definitely the way to go!

We just got the second season of True Blood in the mail…time for a little Bon Temps fun!

And speaking of Louisiana, today in class, one of my students asked, ‘Where are you from?”  Guess my accent is stronger than I thought. 🙂

See you tomorrow!

1. highonhealthy permalink
    August 25, 2010 2:00 am

Wait, wait, wait.. so you teach university students? You’re so young though! That’s crazy.. but cool. 🙂

2. August 25, 2010 2:05 am

So glad that you’re off to a good start! Bless you heart. Teaching. Not something I could do for others’ kids..but ironically, have strong desires to homeschool my own, at least for her early years. It’s just the HARDEST job in the world, teaching. Bless you!!

🙂

3. August 25, 2010 2:30 am

Season 2 starts to get a little weird, just go with it though 🙂

4. August 25, 2010 4:12 am

Amy’s Pizza used to be our weekly ritual when we lived in NY! There’s so many great flavors – I really like the ‘Caribbean Carnival.’

• August 25, 2010 1:07 pm

I’ve never seen that one!!! But I love the name, ha!

5. greensandjeans permalink
    August 25, 2010 5:31 am

Haha, YES! Gotta love the Saved by the Bell references.

6. August 25, 2010 9:38 am

what a relief that classes are ok!! i bet they love you after that reference 😛

7. August 25, 2010 10:24 am

If you ever want to obsess over True Blood with someone, I’m your girl!!!

8. August 25, 2010 10:37 am

Saved By the Bell references make me smile. Who didn’t love that show? Amy’s pizzas are on stand-by in our house too. So happy class is off to a good start for you girlie!

9. August 25, 2010 11:06 am

That pizza looks amazing, I would’ve never guessed it was a frozen pizza! I’ve never had Amy’s frozen pizzas though…I’ll have to try’em! Glad classes went well!!

10. thehungryscholar permalink
    August 25, 2010 11:31 am

I do enjoy an Amy’s pizza from time to time. I don’t understand why all other frozen mostly taste like crap.

11. August 25, 2010 11:33 am

I’m glad you had a great start! Mine is after Labor Day, but I hope I have a nice class. How do you like teaching older students?

• August 25, 2010 1:06 pm

I like it for the most part. I feel like they can get away with less, you know? There isn’t as much room for excuses in college. I also really like fall semester– everyone is new, and everything is so exciting– it makes me wish I were back in college!

12. August 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Yay, I’m glad to hear your classes are off to a good start!! Everyone’s back to school posts are making me more and more excited to get back to college myself…

13. August 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Thats so great that you’re of to an awesome start!! Saved by the Bell references are always sure to win over anyone!

I’ve yet to try Amy’s frozen pizza’s….. I’m always tempted to buy them and have heard great things. Next grocery shop I just might have to pick one up!

14. August 25, 2010 1:00 pm

I have not tried Amy’s pizzas yet. That one sounds and looks delish!

15. August 25, 2010 1:36 pm

glad you had a good start! You students sound fun. Hope day 2 is just as great!

16. August 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Can’t wait for you to catch up on TrueBlood…this season is ridiculous!

17. August 25, 2010 2:06 pm

I am totally a fan of Amy’s. Those pics are beautiful!!

18. Ginger permalink
    August 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Enjoy True Blood – we never could get into it. There’s a Spike Lee special on New Orleans that is fabulous on HBO right now. Worth watching if you get the chance! Glad school started off well – have fun (and you should take your class rafting!)

19. August 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Amy’s pizzas really are good. Have you tried the cheese-less balsamic one? That’s my favorite!

20. August 25, 2010 2:53 pm

i kind of want to talk to you now 🙂 i MISS those accents!

21. August 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Fresh basil on a tasty frozen pizza is the epitome of an awesome quick-to-fix summer dinner. I miss it when it’s cold outside, and I can’t go snip some from the garden.

22. August 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Ha, i agree with Heather! I want to hear the accent

23. Emo permalink
    August 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Speaking of accents — True Blood?! I cringe sometimes. I’m working my way backwards, watching the current season now and getting season 1 on DVD.
    So should we look for a TB-themed dinner post sometime soon?