Welcome Back?

August 23, 2010

Ugh.

That about sums up our morning.

Obviously with school starting tomorrow, we have a lot of work to do today—errands to run, stuff to copy, class rosters to print out, etc.

So, imagine my delight this morning when I turned on my (MONTH OLD) laptop to learn that the wireless card couldn’t be located and I had no internet.

Joy.

Ryan got on the phone with the HP people, and I left to pick up our dogs from their “summer camp.”  When I returned, 45 minutes later (the place is out in the country), he was STILL on the phone, trying to get the problem solved.  The woman finally told him that we would probably have to do a complete system restore, and that if that didn’t work, we would need to take it in to be worked on.  Did I mention that I’m also starting a new semester of two online classes today?  Not having a computer is basically not an option.

So, Ryan is pissed off and I’m freaking out about the possibility of my computer being broken.  Ryan picks up the computer to take the battery out, at which point said battery falls out of the computer and nails him right in the…well, I’m a lady, so I won’t spell it out for you.  Use your imagination.

I finally restart the computer one last time, so that I can back up all of my work, and…it appears to be magically working again.  Huh?!?  I didn’t ask questions, I was just grateful to see my little wireless signal blinking again.

You might think that our bad luck ended there.  Oh, friends.  If you only knew.

After I got my computer back up and running, I checked my bank account only to find that someone had gotten a hold of my debit card and charged a bunch of stuff to my account.  Apparently this happened a few days ago, but when my bank tried to contact me, Penn State sent the e-mail to my junk mail.  Of course they did.

After spending about an hour on the phone with my bank, insisting that I absolutely did not make a 250 dollar charge to White Sands Travel Agency in Galveston, Texas, I finally got things worked out.  New card—ordered.  Charges—reimbursed.

It has been quite the day.  And it’s only 1:30.

After working through all of this fun stuff, we really did run some errands—we stocked up at the grocery store, and are about to head up to campus to do some prep work for our classes tomorrow.

Mid-morning, I snacked on a Go Raw Spirulina bar (surprisingly tasty!), so my lunch today was kind of small.  I got these Livin’ Spoonful raw crackers at the Whole Foods in Seattle, and I was eager to try them out:

I topped the crackers with tomato, sprouts, and avocado.  Light, easy, and delicious!

The flavor of these crackers was great! They’re called “crackers,” but they actually had a really nice chew to them and an intense, herby flavor.  I’d love to try making something like this in my dehydrator soon.

Hope your day is going better than mine.  Geez! See you tonight!

1. August 23, 2010 5:53 pm

YIKES!!!!! I hope the rest of your day is uneventful.

Your crackers look mouth wateringly tasty 🙂

Jen

2. August 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Oh gosh, what a morning!!! The card thing, the laptop..how you didn’t implode is beyond me. You’re made of strong stuff!

3. August 23, 2010 6:07 pm

I hope the day is going better now. I hate mornings like that. I feel like mine was a pain too, but certainly nothing THAT troublesome.

4. August 23, 2010 6:15 pm

That sandwich looks delicious and your photos are looking great! Sorry about the bank fraud. Feels very violating

5. August 23, 2010 6:45 pm

Oh my gosh! That is definitely NOT a good way to start today! What a mess. I really hope that the day improves! Good luck!

6. August 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Girl, your day really has been eventful! I hope by the time you get this comment that things have brightened up for you!

7. greensandjeans permalink
    August 23, 2010 7:39 pm

UGH! What a way to start the school year! Hey, at least things can only get better from here, right?

8. August 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Ugh is right! We had Internet issues over the weekend, too. Hope your day gets better!

9. August 23, 2010 8:40 pm

GEEZ!!!!!!! Poor thing!!!

I have wireless issues with my new laptop, too. And of course they always arise at the most inopportune times!

Hope the rest of the day is going smoother! Hard not too, I guess 😉

10. August 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Oh, my, you have had quite the day! It’s amazing how attached to my laptop I am — if it’s not working, I have no idea what to do…I’m so helpless! And your credit card getting tapped like that?? Argh!! I would seriously advise that you just lock the doors, draw the shades, and watch terrible TV today! 🙂

By the way — I’m a vegetarian (once vegan, hoping to make my way back) and your tomato, sprouts, avocado snack looks divine!!

11. August 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Oh what a day! Hey… it can only get better, right?!

12. August 23, 2010 9:57 pm

I hope your day gets better!

13. August 23, 2010 10:09 pm

I hope things get better!(could they get worse?)

14. August 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Oh GOODNESS!! Ugh, what a bad day. But hey, let’s look on the bright side, at least a) you have the internet now (although I bet Ryan was so annoyed being on the phone for that long!!! I hate that) and b) whoever used your card used it in the best way possible! If he would have purchased something…like a tv let’s say, then you couldn’t have been reimbursed. That’s pretty cool that he/she made a reservation. Although it still sucks to have money stolen. Glad your day is ending better!!

15. August 23, 2010 10:40 pm

Yikes, so sorry about your new laptop, very frustrating. Sounds like the drivers just hung in the background – hopefully that’s all it was. And your bank card too, wow! When it rains … Glad that wasn’t a major issue. What a beautiful lunch, I will look for the crackers next time I’m at Whole Foods.

16. August 23, 2010 11:47 pm

Hope your day gets better! Ugh.

17. August 24, 2010 12:04 am

I know how those days feel. I know it goes much better from now on!

18. Emo permalink
    August 24, 2010 12:36 am

Ugh! What a terrible, absolutely no good day. At least you had the dogs back? I hope your first day goes more smoothly!

19. August 25, 2010 7:03 pm

I’m absolutely loving these delicious raw cracker+cheese or avocado meals! So clean and fresh.