Liquid Lunch

August 16, 2010

Hey guys! It feels good to be back on a regular blogging schedule—it’s amazing what a little break can do to renew your blogging energy, right?

Thanks for the feedback on my “Closet Cleaning” post—I’m glad to hear that a lot of y’all have had cleaning moments too!

This morning, I did some school work for a few hours—are we really starting in a week?  I’m teaching three classes this semester—two composition classes, and one creative writing class.  My syllabi are complete, but I’m really trying to get ahead in terms of planning my class discussions/activities—the more prep, the better.

After a bit of work, I headed down to the kitchen to do some cooking!  We’re having Nick and Emily over tonight for dinner, so I wanted to get started on our meal so that I’m not running around like a mad woman when our guests come over.  I got to work on our main dish (zucchini corn soup) and our appetizer (edamame ginger hummus), and now both are made!  Feels good to get a little work out of the way…I’ll post recipes soon!

After my work in the kitchen, it was lunch time, but I was already half-way full, what with all the bites, licks, and tastes I’d been taking from our dinner party dishes.  You have to taste it multiple times to get the flavor perfect, right?!

Because I was already kind of full, I decided to have a liquid lunch in the form of a big green monster:

Almond milk, kale, spinach, and banana.  Yum!

Gotta clean the house and make one last run to the store.  See ya!

1. August 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Hooray for dinner guests! I love cooking for people, although it can be stressful!

2. August 16, 2010 6:42 pm

your GMs look like the stuff of heaven…seriously, so green and gorgeous!

3. August 16, 2010 6:44 pm

I love entertaining! I bet you are a fabulous entertainer… I want to come to a party! You know we aren’t THAT far away. 🙂

• August 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Listen, lady, anytime you want to come over to Altoona, you are MORE than welcome!!! We definitely need to put together a Pittsburgh meet-up, too! We’re actually going to be in Pittsburgh on Wednesday– but just to go to the airport 😦

4. August 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Sometimes a liquid lunch is just what you need!

5. August 16, 2010 7:17 pm

That is one green green monster! It’s always such a great feeling to have dinner prep done, or mostly done.

6. August 16, 2010 9:36 pm

I’m so guilty of tasting my work in the kitchen too for quality control. 🙂 Smoothies are a great light meal saving plenty of room for your amazing dinner, wow!

7. August 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Have fun with your dinner guests! I always like to be prepared too. It makes it so much more enjoyable while they are there!

8. greensandjeans permalink
    August 17, 2010 1:38 am

I think my goal for my photography is to someday be in the same relm as you. You even make green smoothies look pretty!

9. August 17, 2010 2:27 am

Zucchini corn soup sounds pretty amazing to me! But then again everything sounds amazing to me right now!

Can’t wait to see your recap and photos. Enjoy your wonderful dinner and guests!

10. August 17, 2010 4:10 am

Your dinner sounds awesome – can’t wait for the pics & recipes (hopefully!)

11. August 17, 2010 6:46 am

so glad that a lil time off did the body good and put the spring back into your blogging step. i need to do that, stat.

xoxo

12. August 17, 2010 11:27 am

You are soooo…..entertaining! 😉 Hope it was a great evening!

13. August 17, 2010 2:13 pm

I need a green monster like it is going out of style. Seriously…I’m craving one hardcore right now!

14. louisianagrown permalink
    August 17, 2010 2:27 pm

I wish I could take one of your classes! Keep us updated on what you guys are writing and talking about, please. 🙂

15. August 17, 2010 2:44 pm

That green monster looks beautiful! Hope you dinner party went well babe – and I’m glad you’re back!

16. meggllo permalink
    August 17, 2010 10:27 pm

This is totally random, but I’ve been stalking your blog foreverrr and found out recently that we have a mutual friend in Brian Beglin. Love everything you post, and hope that you get an opportunity to see him in Seattle!

• August 18, 2010 1:05 am

That is too funny! We’re going to see him in Seattle!