It’s So Hard To Say Good-Bye

August 13, 2010

…to friends!  Also to “yesterday,” according to Boys II Men (which, by the by, was my class’ senior song.  Awesome.).

Sorry for the disappearing act last night—my meeting went MUCH longer than expected, and I didn’t get to meet up with the group at the baseball game after all—boo! Luckily, we still got to spend a lot of time together this morning before they headed back to DC.

For our final group activity, we headed to Hollidaysburg for lunch at a local crepe restaurant—Allegheny Creamery and Crepes.  We’ve eaten at this restaurant a few times, and it’s always been delicious—today was no exception!

My crepe, “the Louvre,” looked like a regular crepe from the outside, but was filled on the inside with greens, apples, blue cheese, and walnuts! Quel surprise! (sorry, eating at the crepe restaurant really makes me want to speak French):

More crepes:

Will especially enjoyed his grilled cheese crepe:

He’s an angel, but we’re working on him.  By the time this trip was wrapping up, Ryan and I had successfully taught Will to say, among other things, “Vajayjay,” “Fo shizzle,” and “Justin Bieber.”  He’s going to be the coolest kid in daycare, for sure.  Or, as he likes to say, “Fo shizzle.”

How could we be ready to say goodbye to a face like that?  We enjoyed one last photo session:

And then sent them on their way.  So sad to see them go…we’ll have to plan another visit SOON!

This afternoon, things got back to normal.  We ran some errands, went to a pilates class at the gym, and came home for dinner—a big RAW salad! I’ve definitely not been eating raw the past few days, but it’s time to get back into the swing of things.  This salad was a great start:

Yum!

Confession: I made a SUPER fun, SUPER geeky purchase today while we were out that I can’t wait to show y’all.  It has to be delivered to the house, which will hopefully happen tomorrow.  All I’ll say is, when we have kids, we better have at least one girl.  Get ready for some fun… 🙂

Hope you’re having a great end of the week.  If you’re at the Healthy Living Summit, color me GREEN with envy!

Goodnight!

1. August 13, 2010 12:53 am

Ohhh, how I love you guys. And the creperie sounds amazing! I would love to see a NewlywedNewlywed version of a crepe, fo shizzle.

2. August 13, 2010 12:58 am

hahahahah you taught that cutie how to say vajajay?!?!?!? haha i laughed out loud reading this!!

3. August 13, 2010 1:03 am

Hilarious. I love it.

4. August 13, 2010 1:32 am

Immediately starting singing Boyz to Men when I read this post title, nice job. And he is the cutest little boy ever. Love the suspenders.

5. August 13, 2010 1:48 am

a) I really need to try this crepe restaurant — and order what you ordered! b) Will’s suspenders are too cute. c) You’ve totally peaked my interest in this “super geeky purchase.”

6. greensandjeans permalink
    August 13, 2010 4:54 am

Is he wearing suspenders or a kiddie leash? When I was at the height of my running away phase my mom was super pregnant with my brother, so they definitely “leashed” me. We were living in New Zealand at the time and apparently everyone is down with it there.

• August 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Lol, actually neither. They’re the straps to his high chair 🙂

7. August 13, 2010 8:14 am

I don’t think it’s a leash! Looks like a Tripp Trapp chair, a Scandinavian high chair.

Glad you had a great time with your friends.

8. August 13, 2010 10:40 am

I love Boyz II Men too … I still do!

9. August 13, 2010 11:35 am

I’m jealous of all the summiters, too! I wish I were there, especially since it’s in Chicago!!

That apple and bleu cheese crepe sounds out of this WORLD! I had a savory crepe for the first time a few years ago and I’ve been obsessed ever since!

10. Ginger permalink
    August 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Yum!! We used to have a crepe restaurant in Houston when we lived there, and it was one of my favorites! So glad you’re going to unveil your surprise!!

11. Emo permalink
    August 13, 2010 12:37 pm

“Say it: ‘I love crepes!'” Those are crepes on steroids — yum! It looks like you had a great visit! Let us know the next time you come to see them in D.C., and maybe we can all meet up.
    I can’t wait to see your surprise! I’m betting on an Easy Bake oven, though, boys can use those too.

12. August 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Girl don’t apologize for having too much fun with your friends to blog! As long as you take pictures, I’ll be just fine 😉 That salad looks so freaking good. YUM.

13. Nicole permalink
    August 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Our senior song was “I Will Remember You” by Sarah Mclachlan. Just as cheesy.

14. August 13, 2010 2:40 pm

What a beautiful kid! I bet his parents are thankful for the pictures you took of him

15. August 13, 2010 2:42 pm

that salad looks so good! and what BIG blue eyes,how cute!

16. thehungryscholar permalink
    August 13, 2010 2:50 pm

I’m green with envy, too. Comp/Rhet conferences have lame swag in comparison.

I’m glad you taught him “Vajayjay.” People should use that word more often.

17. August 13, 2010 5:34 pm

Love the pics, so fun and adorable. Glad you helped out with much needed vocabulary ads. 😛 Can’t wait to see the purchase!

18. August 13, 2010 6:22 pm

The crepes look delicious! Now I want to make some loaded with veggies! I hope you have a great Friday! Can’t wait to see what you got!

19. August 13, 2010 9:33 pm

My 2 year old says Fo Shizzle too…cracks me up!

Jen

20. August 13, 2010 10:54 pm

I LOVED that crepe place so much. Whenever I’d mention it a lot of people would be like, “What’s a crepe?” I feared it wouldn’t be around long but it’s been open more than a year now.

21. actorsdiet permalink
    August 14, 2010 12:47 am

mmm crepes! i love ’em so much. and boys II men rocked. i miss them!

22. August 14, 2010 2:44 am

Love your pictures… and your salad was so colorful!

23. August 14, 2010 3:23 am

oh my gosh he is soo cute!!
    i hate saying goodbyes too!! BLAH
    those crepes look GOOD girl

24. August 14, 2010 11:33 am

I’m reading the book “United States of Arugala” and they keep talking about crepes. Those crepes looks FABULOUS!!! And, so does that salad.

When my little brother was younger, and I was 13, my friends and I used to get him to say, “I’m a sexy thing!”. When he finally learned it, he wouldn’t stop, it was so funny! Will is adorable.