Holy Addiction, Batman

August 7, 2010

Apparently Averie forgot to mention to me that the secret ingredient in these kale chips is CRACK!!!

kale chips

Seriously, these are SO freakin’ addictive.  We ate the entire batch of them for dinner!  I didn’t think it was possible to make myself sick on kale, but I guess it is, because I really need to go lay down now.

kale chips

Make these, but be prepared to take a twelve-step program afterwards.  Seriously.

Tomorrow, we have a fun local food event to go to!!   I’ll definitely be taking lots of pictures!

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

1. thehungryscholar permalink
    August 7, 2010 1:40 am

I am going to make these. I have been looking into kale chips for awhile after I spotted a bunch at the farmer’s market. These are the best I’ve seen.

2. Marie permalink
    August 7, 2010 2:07 am

Haha I’ve been thinking about going ahead and trying these, but after this rave review I think I must! Have a great weekend!

3. August 7, 2010 2:11 am

I have never had kale chips and I am slightly terrified to make them….

4. August 7, 2010 7:27 am

I made kale chips for the first time last week and looooved them!!!! These look way better than mine though, I would love to own a dehydrator….

5. August 7, 2010 8:21 am

I am going out to replenish my kale stash today…I want those!

6. August 7, 2010 11:41 am

I just got caught up on all your old posts and I’m loving your foray into the world of raw foods!! I’ve been eating a ton of processed stuff recently, so I might take a page out of your book and do a raw meal per day…hmmm. I’m obsessed with kale chips though, I can’t believe it took me until this summer to try them! Hope you have a great weekend!

7. August 7, 2010 1:09 pm

They look good! Do you know how long you’d cook them if you don’t have a dehydrator?

• August 7, 2010 2:44 pm

I’m not sure– I’d say maybe twenty minutes? It’s hard to say, because regular kale chips take almost no time at all, but with this sauce, I’d imagine they’d take more time. Honestly, I’d just put them in the oven and check on them relentlessly!

8. August 7, 2010 1:12 pm

yours look so good…….I tried them and they didn’t end up like yours!

9. August 7, 2010 3:44 pm

I know, they are perfect. I have maid them also with lettuce and arugula. Perfect!

10. greensandjeans permalink
    August 7, 2010 5:28 pm

I have been known to eat a whole bunch of kale in kale chip form by myself

11. August 7, 2010 5:34 pm

Haha, I love the title

12. August 7, 2010 6:22 pm

LOL – so now I must make those!

13. August 7, 2010 7:40 pm

gotta say your kale chips look better than any i’ve ever seen! i can imagine they’re like crack fo sho!

14. August 7, 2010 11:07 pm

Ok soooo glad you like them. I have actually eaten a batch at once with Scott and Skylar helping me. She can eat more at age 3 than her 50 year old father can LOL. I have actually made myself sick before…fiber much LOL. No but seriously, so glad you are in love. The first time i ever made these I realized that I had gone 30 yrs with deprivation…b/c it’s like HOW or WHY had i not had the amazing-ness that is cheezy kale chips?! I know girlie…so good! 🙂

15. actorsdiet permalink
    August 8, 2010 1:23 am

glad you’re loving your dehydrator!

16. Ginger permalink
    August 8, 2010 12:35 pm

I’m going to try those, for sure! They look great!