Drink Your Greens

August 5, 2010

Happy Thursday to you! I can’t believe another weekend is almost here…makes me sad to see summer winding down so quickly!

This morning, I slipped right into what has become my latest routine: write, work, run. Hey, it works! Around 11:45, Ryan and I headed out together for a run around the neighborhood.  I guess I’m used to running earlier, because I was really taken aback by all of the traffic we had to deal with.  One girl even swerved her car CLOSER to me, and almost hit me, literally for no reason at all—there wasn’t a car coming from the other direction or anything.  So rude.  I feel like drivers in Altoona are NOT pedestrian/runner/cyclist friendly AT all, and it makes me a little nervous.  I guess that’s why I like running down on our trail, as opposed to on the streets.

ANYWAY.

We ran four miles—well, actually we ran three and walked the last mile home. 🙂

When we got home, I was HOT and sweaty, so I figured it was the perfect time to bust out some of the new coconut water I picked up at Wegman’s the other day:

O.N.E. Coconut Water

Coconut water with a splash of pineapple!

Plain coconut water does not do it for me, but I’m really starting to dig the flavored kind! It adds a little extra sugar, but to me, it’s worth it!

Lunch was also liquid:

Green monster with almond milk, fresh spinach, fresh strawberries, and protein powder.  Yum!  I also made a huge batch—I refilled my glass twice!

I don’t know if it’s the summer heat or the fact that I’m actually getting used to eating more raw foods, but I have definitely been craving cool, raw foods lately.  Cooked food just doesn’t sound appealing right now!

I’m getting my haircut later this afternoon (nothing drastic…I don’t *think*), and then we’re meeting up with Emily and Nick for dinner and drinks later.  Pictures are sure to follow!

Have a great Thursday! See ya!

1. August 5, 2010 6:04 pm

Ooooh I love getting my haircut, so fun! Getting it washed is the best part.

2. August 5, 2010 6:13 pm

i LOVE green monsters for lunch! i don’t do it that often, but i just feel so HEALTHY!

3. August 5, 2010 7:52 pm

You are doing so great with this raw challenge!! I really admire you!! 🙂

4. August 5, 2010 8:39 pm

Girl – I feel that way about drivers here. What makes people do crap like that????

• August 6, 2010 3:30 am

I know!!! I’m like, what are you going to do– just nail me?!?

5. August 5, 2010 9:19 pm

I’m dying to have a green monster! I haven’t had one in about a month!! I’m going crazzzyyyy!! Finally I’ve moved into my new apartment and am hitting up Wegman’s tomorrow! Spinach and frozen fruit is on the top of my list! I might even go nuts and get some protein powder! You’ve inspired me!

6. August 5, 2010 9:35 pm

I thought LA drivers were bad but apparently you have some really vicious people near you too!

7. August 5, 2010 10:06 pm

Ugh, I feel your traffic running pain – a neighbor almost ran me over not looking before backing out of their driveway. The lunch smoothie looks good, I like a day of smoothies for lunch and dinner too to give the digestive system a little rest.

8. August 6, 2010 12:20 am

They are not pedestrian friendly AT ALL, and in that neighborhood, visbility sucks and they fly up and down the hills anyway. UGH!

9. greensandjeans permalink
    August 6, 2010 12:32 am

I can’t even tell you the number of times I’ve narrowly escaped a bad accident here in Phoenix! Scary stuff!

10. highonhealthy permalink
    August 6, 2010 1:05 am

You are seriously dominating your August Raw Challenge! It’s tempting me to go ahead and try to me more raw. Maybe I’ll try it out tomorrow.. but only cause I feel like crap.

I can’t wait to see your haircut! Even if it looks almost the same I want to see a picture, okay? Okay.

11. August 6, 2010 1:10 am

How could people be so rude? I am with you on the raw…I get in kicks. I have been craving soup lately though for dinner and raw all day other than that.

Can’t wait to see the haircut! Have a great night!

12. August 6, 2010 11:09 am

when we lived in both NC and SC we had TONS of close calls. Ppl try to hit pedestrians there, I swear. Not much better in AZ but of course CA is the best and so we are spoiled 🙂

13. August 6, 2010 11:46 am

Coconut water with a splash of pineapple? How refreshing is that!?!

14. Ginger permalink
    August 6, 2010 12:57 pm

One more reason why I LOVED those bike paths in Nantucket! I’m making that watermelon/feta salad tonight. Can’t wait!