Does This Look Familiar?

August 4, 2010

Hello, hello! Happy Wednesday to you!

Last night, we met up with our friend Casey and headed over to an Irish pub in Hollidaysburg for a few beers.  We ended up staying out until about 11:30—which felt late to us, ha! We’re officially old when turning in before midnight becomes a big deal.

Meeting up with Casey was fun though.  He teaches at Penn State, just like us, and graduated from an MFA program in creative writing, just like me.  We talked a lot about teaching, publishing, writing workshops…I felt like I was back in grad school again! It’s always nice to spend some time with someone who’s in the same boat as you.

Anywho…due to our “late” night, I thought I might have a slow morning today, but once my coffee kicked in, I was fine.  Before today, I actually hadn’t had coffee for four days—the juice I’ve been drinking in the morning has really been energizing me, so I haven’t felt the need.  But this morning, I was definitely needing it, ha!

I wrote and worked for a few hours, and then we hit the gym.  I did 4.5 miles on the treadmill, a few rounds of weights, and then sat in the sauna and SWEATED for about ten minutes—I love sitting in there! I feel so detoxed when I come out!

Lunch might look familiar:

It was basically a repeat of last night.  Sorry about that! This sauce is just so tasty, I couldn’t resist having it again! I hesitate to even call it “sauce,” because now, after sitting in the fridge overnight, it really does have the consistency of a hummus or spread.  Look how thick it is:

Yum!

Ryan has a conference call at 2:00, and then I think we’re going to head out for some play time with the dogs.  See you tonight!

1. August 4, 2010 5:49 pm

That looks sooo good!

Great pictures – I always see your comments on others blogs and had to “check” it out 🙂

• August 4, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks for checking it out and commenting! I’m off to look at yours as well! 🙂

2. August 4, 2010 5:50 pm

repeats are the best…look at me, i had a repeat 3 days in a row! that doesn’t make me lame, right? 😉

3. August 4, 2010 6:59 pm

Your pics are really looking great! I love your lunch too! I eat repeats all the time 🙂

4. August 4, 2010 7:15 pm

Sounds like a fun evening! I hear you on late LOL. It’s fun to do once in a while though isn’t it. Hey, if it was that good, there is no shame in repeating it the next day!

5. August 4, 2010 7:24 pm

I repeat meals all the time!! No apologies!! 🙂 It looks so tasty, I can see how you’d be wanting it again!!

6. August 4, 2010 7:54 pm

I feel the same way about nights out! I don’t mind being a granny sometimes, though 🙂

Have fun with the pups!

7. August 4, 2010 8:42 pm

Glad you had a great night! Coffee is a must! I hope you are having a great day!

8. August 4, 2010 9:08 pm

Hahaha. Late nights have started getting rough for me too. I have such a hard time staying up late anymore.

9. August 4, 2010 9:10 pm

That sauce looks amazing!!!!!

10. August 4, 2010 10:36 pm

If you like it…keep eating it…that is what I do!

11. August 4, 2010 11:04 pm

I tend to eat the same thing every day. That’s mostly why I don’t blog everything I eat, only the fun thing 🙂 But maybe I should because your repeats looks awfully good!

12. August 4, 2010 11:17 pm

Looks great, I tend to eat the same things for lunch too because of leftovers. Hubby is not such a fan of repeat meals, but I have no problem with them.

13. August 5, 2010 12:00 am

I eat the same things over and over. At least you know it’s good, right?

I am the same way with going out. A few years ago, I used to go out during the week all the time, now if I do, I’m seriously regretting it the next morning!

14. August 6, 2010 12:23 am

I only went to Shan-Nicole’s once because they still smoked in there (even after they passed the law) and my jacket had to be dry cleaned, even though no one was smoking when I was there! It’s just permanently into the seats and stuff.