Special Delivery

July 26, 2010

Hello, hello!

Thanks for all your kind comments on the Louisiana post—it was a lot of fun creating such a meaningful meal!

We’ve been keeping busy with Ryan’s parents, showing them the sights and sounds of Altoona.  Yesterday, we went to an afternoon showing of Inception—I liked it, but with reservations.  One of our friends told me it might have been the best movie he’s ever seen, and I definitely wouldn’t go that far.  In any case, it’s definitely fun to watch, and fun to talk about afterwards!

Today, we hit up the Altoona Railroad Museum (woot, woot!).  The museum was actually really interesting—Altoona used to be hopping in the thirties and forties! It actually made me kind of sad—the museum exhibits talked a lot about how alive downtown Altoona was, how it was buzzing at all hours of the night and packed with businesses and people.  Nowadays, many of the buildings are empty and it’s kind of a sad scene…it would be nice to see some downtown revival.

We got home from the museum around 1:30 and whipped up some quick lunch:

I had a whole wheat wrap with hummus, cheddar cheese, avocado, carrots, and tomatoes, plus cherries and carrot sticks on the side.  Yum!

About halfway through lunch, a special delivery came…

Our consignment couch!

Doesn’t it look good?  It already matches so many of the colors we had going on in this room, like the blue lamp, red walls, and yellow accents.  It’s a little worn, but it was a great deal.  I think I’m starting to develop a real eye for “old lady chic,” ha.

Hope you’re having a great Monday…I think we’re off to see the horseshoe curve.  🙂

See you tonight!

1. July 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Oh that couch is too cool. It does match so much in the room. I love how bright that room is!

2. July 26, 2010 6:51 pm

i saw inception too! i liked it, even though i didn’t know what to expect going in. i LOVE the consignment couch though! so bright and beautiful 🙂

3. July 26, 2010 6:57 pm

My sister said Inception is the most amazing film, but I’ve read a few blog reviews who haven’t liked it as much…maybe a love/hate movie!?
    Cute couch!

4. July 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Love that couch!!!!!!!! It looks very southern and beautiful!! 🙂

You sure do know how to put together a tasty wrap!! That looks awesome!!

5. July 26, 2010 6:58 pm

I’m a big fan of consignment/antique furniture! My husband has told me thousands of times that I have old lady taste 🙂 So that being said… I think you have incredible taste 😉

6. July 26, 2010 7:10 pm

OOOOHH I love the couch!!!!! Looks great!!!
    I’m dying to see Inception now! Probably should have seen that instead of Salt…

7. July 26, 2010 7:10 pm

I am a huge fan of antiques – hence my antique house 😉 Have a great evening girl!!!

8. July 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I love the yellow colour!

9. July 26, 2010 7:21 pm

I really want to see Inception, all of my friends have loved it. I’m interested to see what I’ll think of it!

10. July 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Wonderful lunch! Inception was great, but not my all-time fave. I think hubby like it more than me. Sweet couch!

11. July 26, 2010 8:30 pm

I haven’t yet been to the railroad museum, but Nick’s grandfather was a conductor and there’s a plaque with his name on it! Also on my to do list: the horseshoe curve.

P.S. Great looking couch! Such personality.

12. louisianagrown permalink
    July 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Really love the couch. That was a great find!

13. July 26, 2010 10:24 pm

That couch is awesome! I love your style!!!

14. greensandjeans permalink
    July 26, 2010 11:35 pm

Your couch looks so bright and cheery!

15. July 26, 2010 11:43 pm

that couch is so perfect for YOU!!! it screams ANNA all over it!

got your comment re decent $ job but hate the locale…girl, I know how that goes. We suffered in AZ and before that we were living (years ago) in NC and SC and i know you’re a southern girl but where we were living in those places was tourist hell and all we wanted to go was leave! We are truly CA peeps and i hope you get back to your roots soon!!

16. July 27, 2010 3:51 am

I really love your couch, it is so bright and pretty!!

17. July 27, 2010 5:04 am

Your wraps always look so bright and professional. The couch looks perfect in your living room; I absolutely love it.

18. July 27, 2010 10:10 am

Mmm your lunch looks so fresh!!
    I’m all for the gradma style though my boyfriend probably wouldn’t be that thrilled ;).

ps: I didn’t get to comment but I loved your last post! Nothing beats homemade food. And also, that cooking in the nude comment made me laugh out loud. 😀

19. July 27, 2010 11:43 am

Your sofa is fabulous and so are your floors…holy moly! You could eat off those suckers….but don’t, that might ruin your wrap.

20. July 27, 2010 11:55 am

I LOVED Inception, because it made me realize how much time I spend daydreaming about what my life COULD be like instead of making it what I want it to be. We all have the power to change our lives, so why live in a dream?

Love that couch actually!! I’m a fan of the vintage chic look, and that couch fits the bill perfectly!

21. July 27, 2010 11:59 am

Seeee that’s why I’m not sure if I want to go see Inception now. Tooooo many good things I’ve heard–I fee llike I may be expecting WAY too much!

22. Ginger permalink
    July 27, 2010 12:24 pm

LOVE the couch!!! Have fun with Patti and Lynn on their last day. (By the way, Katherine and Sophie are coming with us to visit you – Woo Hoo!!!)

23. July 27, 2010 12:32 pm

haha oh the sites of altoona! hope you like railroads! haha 😉