Winner, Winner + a Taco Dinner

July 8, 2010

I hate to brag, but Ryan and I dominated in Taboo last night.  Woot, woot!

Before we kicked everyone’s asses graciously and politely won round after round, we enjoyed a Mexican dinner on the back porch.  The bounty from the fishing trip was used again for fish tacos, while I enjoyed tacos with black beans and grilled peppers.

We also made a grilled corn salad:

…which was awesome.  Into the bowl went:

…the juice of two limes, the kernels from 4 ears of grilled corn, 1 tomato, chopped, 1 cubed avocado, 1/2 a red onion, and some chopped cilantro.  So yummy and fresh!

Not sure what the plan is for today…maybe a trip into town?  Have a great Thursday, everyone!

1. July 8, 2010 12:07 pm

My husband and I rock at Taboo! I think it’s because we have so many random inside jokes that we just dominate anyone we’re playing!

That corn salad looks just like summer should! 🙂

2. July 8, 2010 12:10 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever actually played Taboo but it sounds like it’s fun!
    Dinner looks goooooooood-Mexican is my fave!

3. July 8, 2010 12:24 pm

That looks AWESOME. Bobby and I are awesome at Taboo 🙂 The other game we’re good at is Mad Gab! It’s where you say phrases out loud to each other and try to figure out what they are supposed to be – like “Neck Stayed Eel If Furry” –> “Next Day Delivery”.

• July 8, 2010 12:43 pm

Ha! I’ve never heard of that game, but it sounds fun!

Sent from my iPhone

4. July 8, 2010 12:44 pm

Taboo is so fun! I love games…we are a big game playing family in my house. Whenever we all get together that is all we do. Love it!

5. July 8, 2010 12:59 pm

I am beating myself up for going to Moe’s yesterday for a burrito when I could have just made something way better like this at home!!!!! Your grilled corn salad looks amazing!! 🙂

• July 8, 2010 1:07 pm

Mmmm, I love Moe’s!! 🙂

Sent from my iPhone

6. July 8, 2010 1:04 pm

I love TABOO!! I haven’t played it in a million years! I also love Scattergories!

7. July 8, 2010 1:53 pm

Haha I love playing Taboo when my husband and I are on the same team – we barely have to say a word!

8. July 8, 2010 2:09 pm

Woohoo on the Taboo domination. Dinner looks fantastic.

9. thehungryscholar permalink
    July 8, 2010 2:17 pm

I love me some tacos.

Lars and I don’t play board games, but I think it is because I am the Monica to his Chandler.

• July 8, 2010 2:19 pm

We played Cranium when y’all came to visit, and you did okay! No thrown plates or anything!

10. July 8, 2010 2:21 pm

grilled corn salad sounds like heaven to me…but for real 🙂 i love board games, but nate and i can’t play against eachother because i turn REAL mean if i’m losing!

• July 8, 2010 2:30 pm

Ummmm, yeah. At one point last night, Ryan was taking too long to guess the word “sombrero,” and after the round was over, I said, “Was that a JOKE?!? No, seriously, were you trying to be funny?!? Because that’s the only reason that should have taken that long.”

He loves me.

11. greensandjeans permalink
    July 8, 2010 2:33 pm

My college roommate and I would seriously murder people in Taboo. No one wanted to play us because we had the weirdest inside jokes that apparently always translated into victory

12. July 8, 2010 2:34 pm

Looks fab! I love having taco night and need to have one soon! Glad you and your hubby rocked Taboo–what a fun game!

13. July 8, 2010 2:39 pm

Congrats of the win! Dinner looks great!

14. highonhealthy permalink
    July 8, 2010 3:11 pm

Good job on dominating Taboo! I love that game and usually do pretty decent when I play it..or not. You really have to be in the right mind-frame (a smart one) to do good.

That corn salad looks delicious! I have a bunch of corn kernels that I need to use up so I may make something similar to that.

15. Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales permalink
    July 8, 2010 4:40 pm

Hope you have a great day whatever you end up doing!

16. patti permalink
    July 8, 2010 5:05 pm

The salad looks great. I think I will make it tonight. We finally have hot weather after a very cool spring so we are loving the chanage.

17. July 8, 2010 7:01 pm

Your food is so colorful, I could use a little color in my meals right now.

18. July 8, 2010 7:56 pm

Love Taboo! Congrats on the big win! That corn salad looks so good! Love taco night…my guys have been craving fish tacos too. I think it is definitely that time of year!

19. July 8, 2010 11:26 pm

Awesome win, I’ve been playing Words back and forth with hubby on the iPhone and we’re about tied now. The dinner looks wonderful, bright and colorful – very festive for summer.

• July 8, 2010 11:48 pm

Ha! We are addicted to that too– my whole family has started playing, so we’re all on our i-phones 24/7. Nice.