Splendor in the Grass

July 8, 2010

Gooooood afternoon!

Our day has been quite full of fun so far! This morning, Ryan and I went on a beach walk, only to be greeted by an extremely friendly seal from the ocean.  We weren’t in our bathing suits, but the seal was so friendly, we decided that we needed to see how close we could get to him.  We went into the ocean, clothes and all, and got within about ten feet of him! He was so cute, popping up to play with us—I think he was really having fun (and we definitely were)!

After our morning adventure with the seal, Sophie, Ryan and I relaxed on a blanket by the side of the house as we waited for the rest of the house members to get ready for lunch (*WARNING*—cute baby picture overload ahead!!!):

Sophie was intrigued by Ryan’s beard:

She spent a long time trying to pull it off…

I think she thinks (quite accurately) that Ryan is very funny-looking:

It’s just mesmerizing, isn’t it, Sophie?

Finally, she decided that maybe the beard wasn’t so bad after all:

It’s good for a laugh, anyway.

Having a moment:

So cute!

For lunch we drove to a cute little outdoor bakery right outside of town called Something Natural.

The restaurant seating was all outside, where they had a bunch of picnic tables arranged in a big back yard.  It was so nice!

Ryan claimed a table for us right away:

We got a bunch of sandwiches to split—we all only ordered halves, but even the half sandwiches were huge!  Ryan and I split one with hummus, veggies and cheese on fresh herb bread, and another with avocado, veggies and cheese on 6 grain bread.  This 6 grain tasted very similar to Great Harvest’s High Fiber bread, which I used to LOVE when I lived near a GH.

Though the sandwiches were huge, we still felt the need to end the meal with some GIANT cookies—oatmeal, peanut butter chocolate chip, chocolate chip…oh, and two brownies as well.  Our family knows how to eat.

After lunch, we walked around town a bit, popping into some different shops.  I saw a lot of cute things…but it was all a *leeeetle* out of my price range. 🙂

And now, it’s nap time.  This guy has the right idea:

Hope you’re having a great Thursday! See you tonight!

1. July 8, 2010 8:39 pm

Oh my gosh. At the risk of sounding like the next Teen Mom, I want a baby soooo badly. Sophie is one of the cutest babies I’ve ever seen…and I probably saw about 20 today alone at work!! Those big eyes and that wispy little fauxhawk…oh my gosh. I’ll stop gushing now, but you’re lucky to be her aunt (and she’s lucky to have you)!

2. July 8, 2010 8:48 pm

Sophie is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! And you look like a natural with her in your lap. You guys are going to be the best parents if you decide to have kids!! Just adorable.

3. July 8, 2010 9:14 pm

Sophie is so adorable! Looks like you are having a great time! Those sandwiches and cookies are big and look so tasty!

4. July 8, 2010 9:22 pm

Sophie is cracking me up with Ryan’s beard! Adorable! You look fabulous too! I responded to you on my body image post but in case you missed it…I think you are smokin! In every picture I see of you I always think you have the cutest body! 🙂

5. July 8, 2010 9:36 pm

Oh my… Sophie is beyond adorable!!! Love all the pics!

6. July 8, 2010 9:49 pm

She is so cute I can barely stand it!

7. July 8, 2010 10:21 pm

Happy Thursday to you! Sounds like another fantastic day. So glad you’re having such a great time.

8. Emily permalink
    July 8, 2010 10:53 pm

Wow– those sandwiches put my panera lunch to shame! It looks like you’re having a wonderful time with your fam! And I’m off to pull a Baxter…

9. July 8, 2010 11:28 pm

Adorable pics, what a great day. The sandwich looks wonderful.

10. July 9, 2010 12:02 am

Sooooooooooo adorable!!!! Babies definitely do love facial hair! When Andrew held my baby cousin a few weeks ago, the baby would not stop staring at him and reaching for his chin, haha!

Those sandwiches look really good, but the cookies look even better!! Yum!! 🙂

11. thehungryscholar permalink
    July 9, 2010 12:07 am

Oh babies.

Though, I think the cookies were the best part.

12. July 9, 2010 12:34 am

What a fun day! Your niece is so cute, adorable in fact! I love the pictures of her pulling Ryan’s beard. So precious.

I want a GIANT oatmeal and peanut butter cookie! Yum. I have such a sweet tooth lately and I don’t have my homemade ice cream at my service in this hotel 😦

13. actorsdiet permalink
    July 9, 2010 1:53 am

the pix are too cute. i LOVE GH’s hi fiber. i just ran out 😦

14. July 9, 2010 2:00 am

All of these pictures are so great! Sophie is precious!

15. July 9, 2010 3:01 am

What darling pictures — Sophie, pup, and all! Awww 🙂

And the swim with the seal…wow! Just wow! I can only IMAGINE what an experience that was!! Jealous!!

16. greensandjeans permalink
    July 9, 2010 4:36 am

Those Sophie and Ryan pictures made me swoon. So. Flipping. Cute.

17. July 9, 2010 4:52 am

Sophie is adorable – those photos are absolutely gorgeous!

18. July 9, 2010 5:14 am

wow i think i can sense motherhood in someone’s future..you’re a natural! but the father of the year award will go to ryan!

19. July 9, 2010 12:48 pm

I ❤ picnics! This is the perfect weather for them too!

20. July 9, 2010 5:10 pm

Mmmm I’m eating lunch right now, and now I want a large cookie to round out my meal! I said this yesterday, but Sophie is just so beautiful. Her eyes are gorgeous!

21. July 9, 2010 5:44 pm

That’s an awesome looking sandwich.

22. July 9, 2010 8:22 pm

I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I can’t wait. Oh my gosh, Sophie is adorable – what a lucky aunt you are, and please tell me you are going to frame the black and white shot of her Ryan. That is the most precious photograph!!!

Just reading over your last few posts, and you are so making me want to go to the beach…and eat my weight in fish tacos. 🙂

Please enjoy some of that fresh ocean breeze for me Anna!

23. July 10, 2010 1:31 am

AHHHHHHH sophie is ADORABLE!! oh my gosh!! i love these pics girl!! your trip looks like SO MUCH fun!!