More Moby Dick Shenanigans

July 6, 2010

It’s become clear that one of the recurring themes of the trip is going to be “Moby Dick.”  Last night, we ventured out for dinner at a restaurant called Queequeg’s.

For a restaurant named after a savage cannibal, the food was very tasty! I enjoyed an iceberg lettuce wedge with blue cheese to start:

And then a vegetable risotto for my main dish:

Yum!

Earlier in the day, Ryan, my dad and I took a 12 mile bike ride around some of the island.  We saw some pretty sites:

And some strange sites:

There’s a pond full of snapping turtles, and apparently the thing to do is feed them chicken wings on a string!  Sounds weird, but it was strangely entertaining.

The rest of the crew is going on a fishing trip today, so my mom and I are on baby duty.  See you at lunch!

1. July 6, 2010 12:52 pm

Beautiful pics! Sounds like a fun day 🙂

2. July 6, 2010 1:08 pm

wow what city is this?? The views look great! I’d love to see a turtle out on a bike trip!

• July 6, 2010 1:18 pm

We’re on Nantucket Island! It’s beautiful!

3. July 6, 2010 1:14 pm

Wow – so pretty!

4. July 6, 2010 1:33 pm

Too funny about the snapping turtles. Loving all the pics. Oh, and the Diving Bell & The Butterfly – it was a good (super fast) read. Very interesting.

5. July 6, 2010 1:41 pm

What amazing view! It looks so peaceful and lovely. The turtles are so cute :).
    I’ve never seen salad served like this. What a fun idea!

6. July 6, 2010 2:26 pm

Too cute! You and Ryan are such a cute couple!!! 🙂

7. greensandjeans permalink
    July 6, 2010 2:46 pm

Is it weird that I think that turtle pictures is ADORABLE?

• July 6, 2010 4:58 pm

Ha! They gross me out…but I’ve never really been a turtle person.

8. July 6, 2010 4:11 pm

You seriously have me missing the cape lady! I secretly wish I was on MV for the fourth with the rest of my extended family. The risotto….serious yum!

9. July 6, 2010 4:41 pm

Nantucket looks gorgeous! I can’t wait to visit there one day.

The veggie risotto looks amazing. I hope you have a fantastic rest of your trip!

10. louisianagrown permalink
    July 6, 2010 4:55 pm

Is it just plain old easier to find vegetarian meals at Northern restaurants? You always make it look like no big deal, but I feel like going veg down here would be some kind of tough.

Love the turtles!

• July 6, 2010 5:31 pm

It’s interesting– I think it’s definitely harder in some places down south. But, I think that people are also more willing to accomodate you in the South– whenever we go to a restaurant with no veggie options, they’re always really nice and friendly about coming up with something for me (even if they clearly think I’m a weirdo). There have really only been a handful of places– and not all in the South!– where’s it’s been an issue.

11. July 6, 2010 5:20 pm

Great photos! It looks so pretty there!
    Not gonna lie, I’m a little disturbed that people feel turtles chicken wings on a string

• July 6, 2010 5:30 pm

Yeah, it seemed like a strange thing to be featuring, especially on a vegetarian blog, but it was just so unique that I had to post it!

12. July 6, 2010 5:32 pm

Yum on the vegetable risotto! And beautiful pics from the bike ride. Cute on the snapping turtles! In Florida the thing to do was feed gators ice and marshmallows, not sure why and who figured out they like marshmallows.