Salsa Lovin’

June 23, 2010

Hi friends! How’s your Wednesday going so far?  I’m still waiting for the other shoe to drop in terms of the “Bad things come in threes” theory, but so far, it’s been a pretty eventless day.

I spent the morning doing some work for my online classes and writing, and then I hit up Target.  I was looking for furniture—we’ve arranged our living room after the paint job, and are in need of a new end table—but ended up finding a lot of clothing instead.  Funny how that happens.  Target is like a black hole for my credit card.

When I came home, I was ready for lunch:

Salsa chickpeas + carrots + crackers:

blog 001

blog 006

blog 007

Yum!  To make the salsa chickpeas, I just mix half a cup of chickpeas with about half a cup of salsa and 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt.  So simple, but so tasty!

Not sure what’s on the agenda for the rest of the day.  I have a little more work to do.  There was talk of going to a baseball game, but apparently we’re supposed to have some major thunder storms rolling in this evening.  We shall see!

To quote one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite movies, “Check ya later!”

dazedcar.jpg image by madmedea

“Are you cool, man?”

1. June 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Oooh salsa chick peas sound great! I had some regular ones in my salad this afternoon, I may have to try that though.

2. June 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Love the sound of those chickpeas!
    What’s the movie..? I don’t recognise the characters :s

• June 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Dazed and Confused!!!! Best movie ever. 🙂

3. June 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Wow! Salsa chickpeas sounds really good! I may have to try that sometime!!!

Jen

4. June 23, 2010 7:39 pm

What a great idea for a simple chickpea meal! Ummm…love that movie…”Livin’, L-I-V-I-N”…the only good matthew mcconaughey role in my opinion!

• June 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Haha, true! “That’s why I love those high school girls…I keep gettin’ older…they stay the same age.” 🙂

5. June 23, 2010 8:19 pm

mmm great lunch!

6. June 23, 2010 9:06 pm

I hope that show doesn’t drop. Bad things do seem to come in 3’s, however. :-/

Target and I have to distance ourselves. I can’t get outta the joint without at least $200 spent! It’s seriously BAD!

7. June 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Oooh I think I would really love that salsa chickpea combo!

8. June 23, 2010 9:32 pm

ooh that chickpea dish looks fabulous.
    P.S. Dazed and Confused is on my top five favorite movies list. I have seen it so many times!!

9. June 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Loved Dazed and Confused!!! haha…my fave line that Keith and I use all the time” I’d be a lot cooler if you did…” HA!

• June 23, 2010 9:39 pm

I meant It’d be a lot cooler….haha I wad typing way too fast!

10. thehungryscholar permalink
    June 23, 2010 9:50 pm

I love that movie. I should put off Target until I actually have a career. I spend way too much there.

11. June 23, 2010 9:58 pm

I have that same problem at Target. I’ve discovered that they have some super cute earrings – bad discovery!

12. June 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Love the salsa chickpea idea!!! Very creative, and it sounds delicious!

13. June 24, 2010 12:24 am

I love that chickpea salsa combo, sounds delicious!

14. June 24, 2010 1:01 am

dude….i just black holed myself in target today too.
    and the groc store
    and tj’s.
    $400 POOF vanished…we ‘needed” it though 🙂

15. June 24, 2010 1:13 am

the chickpeas/salsa combo looks delicious…can’t go wrong with either of those things in a dip!

target. last time i went in i spent almost 200 bucks. and the only thing i needed was tupperware containers. at least i can kind of pretend that it it was all household cleaning products and not sports bras and trail mixes when my dad looks at the “family expenses only” credit card bill…

hope that third thing never comes for you!

16. actorsdiet permalink
    June 24, 2010 1:42 am

one of my faaaavorite movies. have been thinking about it a lot lately since school’s out for so many kids!

17. June 24, 2010 4:35 am

Yum, salsa chickpeas sound wonderful. I’d scoop them up like a dip. 🙂 I’d probably add extra fresh jalapeno on top. hehe

Jenn

18. June 24, 2010 4:26 pm

I am pretty sure it is impossible to leave Target without spending a ridiculous amount of money. It’s a black hole. I try to go there as little as possible, but when I am away for too long, it starts calling my name. I swear.