Platto Vegetariano

June 5, 2010

Good morning!

Last night, as promised, we hit up a restaurant called Zucca.  The guidebook claimed that the restaurant had some great vegetarian options, and…it was right! Zucca had a lot of different vegetarian main courses, plus several veggie small plate options.  At least, I think it did…the menu was in all Italian, so we did our best!

blog 001

Some of the menu items were hard to decipher, but I knew I had a good choice in the “Platto Vegetariano”…can’t go wrong with that, right?  Along with the vegetarian plate, I ordered sides of curried carrots in yogurt, and baked tomatoes with breadcrumbs and olive tapenade.  Ohhhhhh yum.

We started with wine:

blog 002

And then moved on to our meal:

blog 004

The vegetarian plate contained carrots, broccoli, eggplant, some ratatouille-esque dish, potatoes au gratin, peas in pesto, and sesame rice.  So, so good.

The side dishes were equally delicious:

blog 005

blog 006

This meal was seriously tasty.  Plus, it contained the most veggies I’ve had in a while!  It was nice to see my friends again! 🙂

After dinner, we wandered around for a while, enjoying the city at night.

We both found our birth years:

blog 023

blog 025

That would be 1983A.

blog 028

You can’t have too many canal pics, right? 🙂

And eventually stumbled upon a giant outdoor crowd listening to some (awful) live music.  A band was playing Beatles covers in a bar, and a lot of people were gathered outside of the bar, listening and drinking.  We sat down and listened for about half an hour.

blog 035

blog 037

This might be my last post for a while.  Today, we’re leaving for Croatia!  Our ferry doesn’t leave until five, so we’re walking down to the port we’ll be leaving from, putting our bags in a locker, and then exploring that area of Venice all day before shipping out for Croatia.

Not sure when my next post will be…but if you haven’t heard from me in a week, somebody come find us!

Hope you’re having a great weekend, friends!

1. June 5, 2010 2:14 pm

It looks like you’re having a great time in Venice. Your vegetarian food looks delicious, so many veggies! I’m glad the restaurant was nice. Enjoy your trip to Croatia, I’ve never been there but I’ve heard it is a beautiful and fascinating place. Enjoy!

2. thehungryscholar permalink
    June 5, 2010 3:27 pm

Is he climbing that door? That rebel.

That food looks so delicious. 🙂

3. June 5, 2010 4:50 pm

HAve so much fun pretty lady! If you can pop in really quickly just let us know you are safe please do! haha…what can I say I am a worrier! 🙂

4. June 5, 2010 4:53 pm

Oh my gosh- amazing! I’ve missed so much on your blog. ENJOY the rest of your trip. I heard Croatia is stunning. Enjoy!

5. Kristi permalink
    June 5, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks for sharing your adventure! So glad you’re having good weather and a great time.

6. June 5, 2010 8:59 pm

Oh my gosh, that meal looks absolutely heavenly!! Italian food + veggies? Cannot go wrong!! Hope you have a safe trip to Croatia, can’t wait to hear about it!!

7. June 6, 2010 3:43 am

Wow, the food @ Zucca looks delicious! You guys look like you’re having a great time. 🙂

Jenn

8. June 6, 2010 10:33 am

That definitely sounds like a great veg filled meal to me! I wasn’t a veg yet when I went to italy but I think I ate mostly vegetarian meals/pastas there anyway, so I am sure it can’t be too hard. Have fun in Croatia lady!