Whole Foods Come to Town

May 24, 2010

What happens when people who don’t have Whole Foods visit it when they go out of town?

blog 010

This happens.

My parents went to Dallas this weekend for a Jimmy Buffet concert, and visited a Whole Foods on their way out of town.  They went a little crazy with the goods, and brought home all sorts of fun stuff for dinner:

blog 016

blog 017

blog 018

blog 021

blog 023

My plate:

blog 025

And dessert (x 2):

blog 032

Mmmmm….I’m stuffed! I guess it’s better that we DON’T have  Whole Foods, because I would definitely be there ALL the time, dropping all sorts of money that I don’t have.  🙂

Hope your weekend has wrapped up nicely! Tomorrow is our last night in Louisiana—I can’t believe we’re leaving! It feels like we just got here.  😦

See you tomorrow!

1. May 24, 2010 2:39 am

Whole Foods is a total money suck! I have to stay away from it too! Your dinner looks fabulous though. Especially the cookies.

2. May 24, 2010 3:58 am

WF’s is a museum, you go to be inspired and tempted, but you don’t buy things there. That’s my motto. It’s also for the DINKS (double income no kids) b/c ppl like me used to go there,not anymore 🙂

And I will be glad to be the source of your motivation/inspiration post baby one day, whenever that will be. Thanks for the super sweet words on my picture post today 🙂
    xox

3. May 24, 2010 5:33 am

WF’s definitely is dangerous but I love it and try to shop in a way to make it more affordable!

4. May 24, 2010 6:20 am

LOL, I do the same exact thing! Our closest Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s is 75 miles away, so when we go we bring coolers and ice packs and make a day of it. 😀

Jenn

5. May 24, 2010 8:35 am

Love the stock up on whole foods. that place is ridiculously awesome but expensive.
    p.s. i cant stop looking at your wedding photos. Beautiful.

6. May 24, 2010 11:43 am

Yep, I’ve been there and done that !! I do prefer Trader Joes, however. If we didn’t have a TJs around here I would go HOG WILD whenever I was at one someplace else. It’s like a food binge. You don’t have it for a while, then when you get it, you go crazy and take everything you see!! haha, similar..right?!

7. May 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Yum! I do love the hot and cold food bars but almost never go to WF–even though there’s a lot of good stuff, I remember how $$$ it is and manage to avoid. Avoidance is key. 😉

8. May 24, 2010 12:30 pm

LOL – my sister doesn’t have a WF where she lives so when she comes for a visit, she loads up.

9. May 24, 2010 12:31 pm

WOW! I can’t believe your vacation is over! I feel like you just got there too!! Be safe coming home! 🙂

10. May 24, 2010 1:11 pm

That tofu looks so perfectly grilled…yum! I’m glad the closest WF is half an hour from me, other wise I’d be popping in 24/7. Hope you have a safe trip home!

11. May 24, 2010 1:54 pm

lol thats funny and Cute 🙂 You parents went on a food shopping spree 🙂

I know you are sad leaving LA and your parents.. but look at it this way at least you got to spend a week with them (or was it longer?)

12. May 24, 2010 2:00 pm

LUCKY! Look at all of those goodies!

13. May 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Having a local Whole Foods can be both good and bad. While I love shopping there, I spend way too much money on vegan goodies. It is so tempting!

14. May 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Wow what a haul!!! Is it sad that I have one like 20 minutes away and I STILL go crazy every time I go there?!

15. May 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Whole Foods is so so dangerous!!! I limit my visits there!! Every time I go I spend unnecessary money….. but I always seem to find a way to justify it!!

16. May 24, 2010 4:06 pm

i had a ton of friends at the jimmy buffet concert! whole foods is seriously an addiction for me…but i only allow myself to feed it once a week at most. i could seriously blow our entire savings there!

17. louisianagrown permalink
    May 24, 2010 4:15 pm

I sure hope you’re enjoying your last day down here. I can’t even imagine having to leave all of the time. 😦

18. May 24, 2010 4:48 pm

ah my mouth is watering! i went on an out-of-town wholefoods shopping spree too! the store had a kombucha bar! i was blown away.

19. May 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Oh, I am sorry you have to go! I know it is so sad leaving family! Dinner looks delicious! Have a safe trip back!

20. May 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Haha! I’m the same when I go to Waitrose – I picked up another four kabochas cos it’s the only supermarket that sells them! But thank goodness there isn’t a wholefoods near me..I dread to think of my bank balance :s

21. May 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Hahaha, that is my kind of Whole Foods feast!

22. May 24, 2010 7:51 pm

okay you have the BEST MEALS EVER! its official!

23. May 24, 2010 8:58 pm

LOOOOOVE whole foods! Amazing feast! Looks incredible 🙂

24. May 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Wow that’s quite the awesome spread!! 🙂 It’s hard not to go crazy at Whole Foods- there’s just so much exciting stuff!

25. May 24, 2010 10:02 pm

I’ve never had anything from Whole Foods’s salad bar, but would love to be treated to loads of foods from there. Lucky!

26. Madeline - Greens and Jeans permalink
    May 24, 2010 10:42 pm

You sure have had a fantastic trip south! Enjoy your last night!

27. May 24, 2010 11:05 pm

There is a Whole Foods Shoppers Anonymous. Would you like their number? I’m a Whole Foods addict. And, alas for my purse, there are quite a few nearby. In fact, we usually shop at the newest one (the third largest in the country). It’s a delicious outing!

Best,
    Bonnie

28. May 25, 2010 1:15 pm

I know, the first few times T took me to Whole Foods I was like OH MY GOD WE NEED EVERYTHING! and then I was like, OK, it’s all overpriced but I WILL take the chocolate cheese and the locally produced hummus, thanks.

29. May 25, 2010 1:16 pm

And P.S. … I think you’re better off with Wegmans, because you can buy the fancy stuff there and their store brand stuff, which is not all that expensive.

• May 27, 2010 1:04 pm

We still haven’t been!!! I really want to go.

30. May 26, 2010 1:52 am

Wow, what a collection at dinner, you rock! I don’t go near the Whole Foods Bar because it just ends up being so pricey.