Wraps As Big As Your Head

May 23, 2010

When I was in grad school, I frequently visited a burrito restaurant whose slogan was “Burritos as big as your head.”  Nothing inspires eloquent poetry like a burrito that is so stuffed with beans, guac, rice, cheese, and lettuce that it measures 12 inches in circumference.  I still miss that place.

This wrap would have fit right in there.

This morning, I hit the pavement for a six mile run, which felt great.  When I got back, I filled up a BIG cup of ice water, grabbed a granola bar, and headed right out to the pool for a cool-down swim and some reading.  Perfection.

Around 1:00, my stomach was grrrrrrrowling, and I answered with a monster wrap, filled with guacamole, sprouts, mushrooms, tomatoes, hummus, and purple cabbage.

‘Twas a beauty:

blog 004

Yes, there is a plate under there.  You just can’t see it.

There it is!

blog 005

If I could have gotten my face down there, I have no doubt the wrap would have been as big as it.

I made a sad attempt to include some fruit with my lunch, but realized that the wrap was just too big for anything else.  Sorry, blackberries!

blog 009

I started this book today, and am already over a hundred pages in.  I love Elin Hilderbrand’s books in the summer.  They are the perfect beach (or pool) reads.

Speaking of which…I’m headed back out for more lounging + reading. Ahhhhh.

Hope you’re having a relaxing day!

1. May 23, 2010 8:57 pm

I love Elin Hilderbrand’s books for summer, too – I just read my first last year. I can’t wait to read this one!

2. May 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Holy cow that is a big wrap! Looks yummy. Hope you enjoyed!!

3. May 23, 2010 9:06 pm

:O You have a pool!? Oh girl you are so lucky! What I would do for one of them..!
    LOVE that wrap 😀

4. May 23, 2010 9:52 pm

That is a gigantic wrap, looks good!

5. actorsdiet permalink
    May 23, 2010 11:29 pm

i often say that – burrito as big as my head – i would love to go someplace that advertised it!!!

6. May 23, 2010 11:45 pm

Enjoy your time at the pool 🙂

I used to get a burrito in high school that literally fed me for 2-3 meals. It was a food log and weighed at least 1 pound, no joke!

I love that you included fruit- those blackberries look pretty good too.

7. May 24, 2010 12:24 am

Heck yeah…that wrap looks amazing! My salad tonight was way bigger than my head! I haven’t read Cold Mountain, but now I want to. I have never read an Elin Hildebrand book either. I am always looking for new authors to read. I will have to check this one out! I hope you are enjoying your evening!

8. May 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Nothing better than a giant wrap in my opinion!