The Best in Town

May 13, 2010

Hello! Happy Thursday!

This morning, I woke up a little later than usual (7:45), and messed around for about an hour before heading out for a run around 9:00.  I thought this would be early enough to beat the heat…but I thought wrong!! I was about to faint from heat exhaustion! I managed to make it three miles in about 27 minutes, but I had to quit right at the three mile mark.  Boo! I’m going to set my alarm for tomorrow and head out for an EARLY run so that I can go a bit longer.

The good news is that I LOVE my new shoes! I figured I would, because they’re just the same as my last ones, but you never know.  I love running in new shoes…so cushy!

For lunch we headed to Earthereal (my old workplace!) for the best burgers in town.

The best veggie burgers, that is:

blog 002

blog 001

Mmmm….so good!  I love the big pickles that come on the side!

After lunch, my sister and I went to the mall to try on some bathing suits.  Ugh.  I didn’t find a single suit I liked!  Oh well.  You know, I’ve kind of come to accept the fact that I just HATE bathing suits!  I’m fine with the way my body looks in clothes, but bathing suits…ugh.  Of course, the department store florescent lighting doesn’t help much!

Where do you shop for bathing suits?  I have a few from J. Crew that I actually like, but for the most part, I’m really hard to please when it comes to suits.  I really want a cute one piece for this summer, but I’m not having any luck finding one…I have a long torso, which makes it hard to find one pieces that actually fit.  As for bikinis, I actually like Old Navy suits! They don’t last much longer than a summer, but they’re so cheap that I don’t care, and they tend to fit me pretty well.

Hope you’re having a great day! We’re off to run some errands, plus I have work to do for my online classes at some point.

See you tonight!

1. May 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Wow, how hot is it where you are then?
    I think you’ve mentioned this before, but I’ve forgotten 😛 what do you have for breakfast!? 🙂

• May 13, 2010 11:09 pm

It’s 80’s in the morning, mid-nineties by noon and through the afternoon 😦

In the summer, I usually have a green monster or a bowl of cereal with berries. I’m pretty boring 🙂

2. May 13, 2010 7:17 pm

I have one from VS and the others from Target 🙂

3. May 13, 2010 7:17 pm

I love Victorias Secret, but my favorite brands are Vix and Ralph Lauren!

4. May 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Yum! I can’t seem to find either a store bought veggie burger or one from a restaurant I love

5. May 13, 2010 7:45 pm

hurray for awesome new shoes! i’m a cheap-o and shop for bathing suits at target, TJ MAXX, or marshalls!

6. May 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Hope tomorrow’s run is more pleasant. We ran at lunch and the humidity is through the roof – soaked in a matter of minutes. I typically get my suits from Victoria’s Secret. I just buy the cheapy triangle style though.

7. May 13, 2010 9:04 pm

I like VS too….but my favorite bathing suit is actually a Lucky brand!

8. May 13, 2010 9:13 pm

I have two bathing suits from Old Navy which I’ve received dozens of compliments on. And they were literally $7 each. I really love them. I also like GAP Body’s bathing suits. They are always on sale too.

9. Emily permalink
    May 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Bathing suit shopping can be a bummer. I order mine from J.Crew — they have some on sale right now! I’m looking for a one piece, too, to cover that regrettable tat in front of my employer. Cause that wouldn’t be akward…

10. actorsdiet permalink
    May 13, 2010 10:09 pm

j crew used to be my go-to shop but now i just go to gap.

11. May 13, 2010 10:14 pm

I am craving a veggie burger so bad now.

Your run/heat posts are making me dread the summer. Last year I would try to get up at 6:30 to run and I still didn’t feel like that was early enough!

I bought my last bathing suit from some random store online.

12. May 13, 2010 10:31 pm

I haven’t found a veggie burger that I love at restaurants. Guess I need to just keep trying…

I’m cheap and buy my suits at Target but they always fit and hold up reasonably well. No complaints! 😀

13. May 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Are you looking for a fitness swim suit, or cute suit? If it’s to swim laps, I suggest going to a specialty swimwear store and get a polyester suit. They last forever.

14. May 14, 2010 1:27 am

I love J.Crew, but I’m also a fan of Victoria’s Secret. Their suits are reasonably priced and come in tons of styles and colors!

15. May 14, 2010 4:57 am

I think I might be a youngin or something. I have found quite a few great swimming suits at Hollister and American Eagle. But if you live near a Ron Jon Surf Shop, they have great swim suits too!!

16. May 14, 2010 2:24 pm

I like to go to sporting good stores that carry Roxy bathing suits