Berry, Berry Hot

May 11, 2010

Hello! Happy Tuesday!

My mom and I headed out this morning to play a little tennis.  It was fun, but windy…I blame the wind for my loss! 🙂

When we got home, I headed out for a short run since I was already all sweaty and gross.  I covered 2.5 miles…and I totally thought I saw Jennifer Garner at the park!!!! Alas…it was not her.  Boo!  Plus, after I sprinted to catch up with her, I practically gave myself a heart attack in the heat!

Lunch was easy and fresh:

Mixed greens with carrots, sprouts, tomatoes, balsamic dressing, and pumpkin seeds:

blog 002

blog 011

And a thick, fluffy strawberry smoothie made with almond milk, vanilla protein powder, fresh strawberries, guar gum, and ice.  Yummy!

blog 009

blog 008

Plus a brownie for dessert:

blog 013

Ryan and I are cooking a vegetarian dinner for my family tonight, so we need to decide what to make!! Any suggestions?

See you tonight!

1. May 11, 2010 6:10 pm

That is one gorgeous smoothie! What about veggie enchiladas?

2. Madeline - Greens and Jeans permalink
    May 11, 2010 6:16 pm

How about sweet potato or butternut squash and black bean burritos?

3. May 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Ahh, boo, too bad it wasn’t Mrs. Affleck 😉
    If you want to really impress them, I’d go with avocado rubbed kale as a side!

4. May 11, 2010 6:38 pm

So I guess the cold snap didn’t hit you guys huh? Nice job with the run and impromptu spring 😉

5. Emily permalink
    May 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Have fun with family dinner! What about those burritos/enchiladas you showcased recently?

6. May 11, 2010 7:35 pm

HAHA That’s probably the only thing that could get me to keep running…a possible celebrity sighting! lol

Hmmmm some sort of veggie/tofu mix?

7. May 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Jennifer Garner is the cutest celebrity ever!!!!! In fact I think I’ll name my first daughter Violet.

And besides that embarrassing admission – I’d like to recommend a great pasta dish. You can’t go wrong with pasta, throw some beans and veggies in and it’ll be delicious. I can’t think of a good recipe right now but everyone loves pasta right!

8. May 11, 2010 7:55 pm

100 cal organic brownie, where did you find that beauty?

9. May 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Indian food is always a good vegetarian choice, but you could also do an alfredo dish with seitan…cream sauce is always a hit! Your smoothie looks so thick and delicious!

10. May 11, 2010 9:47 pm

That smoothie looks amazing and refreshing!!! 🙂

11. Katherine: What About Summer? permalink
    May 11, 2010 10:06 pm

the smoothie looks so good.

I think I’ll go buy some sprouts tomorrow… yours look too good…

12. May 11, 2010 10:40 pm

I need a smoothie tutorial. For whatever reason, everyone else’s look better than mine. The smoothie’s always greener…

Lasagna?

13. May 12, 2010 12:45 am

how are those brownies?! i always see them, but they are a bit pricey without knowing if they are delicious or not 😉

14. May 12, 2010 1:09 am

Love your blog- check out mine and follow 🙂
    jenna

15. May 12, 2010 2:44 am

The smoothie looks wonderful. Hope dinner was good!

16. May 12, 2010 3:03 am

Lunch looks delicious! I love big salads and the smoothie must have been so so refreshing after your workout! I’d be chasing Jen Garner like it was my business! Can’t wait to see what you cook up!

17. May 12, 2010 3:20 am

fluffy strawberry smoothie looks delish!

dinner for the fam…tomorrow I am posting like 10 vegan quick dinner/savory recipes. a day too late i think for you 😦

i need your camera brand and type. when you have time, i am so serious, i would love to buy it b/c your photos amaze me…daily!

• May 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Hey Averie– I put it on another post, but it probably got lost in the shuffle! It’s a Nikon 5000– it was a gift! It’s a BIG purchase, but I love, love, love this camera. I’ve also heard that you can get them used on Amazon for much cheaper. Let me know if you have questions about it!

18. May 12, 2010 11:46 am

Love the smoothie! I’ve never added guar gum to mine.

19. May 12, 2010 1:15 pm

congrats on the run 🙂 I love hitting the pavement!
    I love your pictures too – they are perfect!!