Ses de Mayo

May 7, 2010

Good morning!

Last night, in honor of our missing Cinco de Mayo meal, we enjoyed a Mexican feast—it works to celebrate Ses de Mayo just as well!

For our dinner, we had “build your own burritos” with all the fixings.  The main star was the vegetable filling:

Veggie Burrito Filling:

In a pan, my mom sauteed onions, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, carrots, 1 can of olives, and 1 can of chopped green chilies, plus garlic, cumin, chili powder, red pepper, and salt.  She cooked it down for about twenty minutes, until the veggies were very soft.  Yum!

blog 015

Along with the filling, we had guacamole, salsa, cheese and cilantro, plus Mexican rice on the side.

blog 023

blog 026

Sophie’s dinner was less exciting:

blog 019

but just as delicious!

blog 031

Have a great day! See you at lunch!

1. May 7, 2010 12:27 pm

haha…cute! I agree….your dinner was definitely better than Sophie’s! 🙂

2. May 7, 2010 12:33 pm

I love making burritos at home because I can make sure they’re super healthy. Yours look tasty!

3. May 7, 2010 1:27 pm

Sophie is SO precious! And your dinner sounds great! Love all the veggies 🙂
    And thank you for your comment and sharing that with me. I know you are right! And can I say that I’m SO impressed that you were able to write about it and share it with so many people! I know how scary that must’ve been.

4. May 7, 2010 1:32 pm

Oh that filling looks and sounds soooo good. Yum.

5. Madeline - Greens and Jeans permalink
    May 7, 2010 2:18 pm

I can’t get over how big Sophie has gotten!

6. May 7, 2010 2:25 pm

She is so big already! Your meal looks much tastier. 🙂

7. May 7, 2010 2:55 pm

She is so cute! And yes, getting big!! The cinco meal looks WONDERFUL! Especially that guac and cilantro, mmm!

Anna, thank you for all your sweet comments 🙂 I love hearing from you, you always make me smile 🙂

8. May 7, 2010 4:16 pm

Ah I think Sophier’s dinner looks way better. Nothing like abit of formula …. 😛

9. May 7, 2010 4:54 pm

Burritos at home are the best! I love how you can throw whatever you want and still end up with way healthier option than if you went out!

10. May 7, 2010 6:09 pm