Tuesday at the Gardens

February 20, 2014

I’ve written about the Huntsville Botanical Gardens before—we love it there.  Smile   I’ve written about them here…and here (baby Lila!)…and here (pregnant Anna!).   One of our favorite parts about the Botanical Gardens are the “dog days of winter” that they have during January and February—dogs are usually prohibited at the gardens, but during January and February, they’re welcome!

We’re lucky in that we typically have pretty mild winters here in Huntsville…but after our freak snow storm last week, we were all ready to get out and enjoy some nicer weather this week.  Yesterday, we were blessed with temps in the sixties—love it! I’m SO ready for spring…and I think this girl is too:

Ella and Baxter, of course, very much enjoyed the dog days as well:

DSC_0752DSC_0757DSC_0765DSC_0784DSC_0791

These pictures that Ryan snapped of me and Lila are two of my favorites—need to get them framed!

DSC_0836DSC_0839

My little love bug. Winking smile

One of Lila’s biggest obsessions (seriously) is flowers, so she was VERY happy to find a few early-blooming “fawa’s” on the ground:

DSC_0869DSC_0870DSC_0872

DSC_0881DSC_0884

‘Twas a great day at the gardens.  Spring is on the way, I think!

1. itzyskitchen permalink
    February 20, 2014 11:45 am

Great pictures. Her little pig tails! love

2. Patti permalink
    February 20, 2014 3:55 pm

What a great outing for all of you! Such sweet pictures of Lila. We can’t wait for our visit

3. February 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Looks like a great time, love the pics :) temps in the 60s sound unreal… today is in the 40s here in PA and it feels amazing!

4. February 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Some of my happiest childhood memories are of my grandmother taking me to the New York Botanical Garden when I was a little kid. Roger and I went back this summer, and it was just as beautiful as I remembered.

And I also love the b&w photos of you and Lila. Definitely frame-worthy!

5. February 21, 2014 1:13 pm

You always look so put together! :) Cutest family ever!

6. ginger635 permalink