Easy Arugula Pesto

May 20, 2012

Ahhhh, Sunday.  A day of rest.

OR.

Alternatively, a day when your baby wakes up at 4:30, then again at 6:00, and then you go into the bathroom to find a giant roach hanging out on the bathmat.  Also: I found a tick in my hair last night.

I found a TICK.  In my HAIR.

So, that’s how our weekend shaped up.

At last we had a good meal on Friday night.  I made this easy pesto:

image

image

…with the arugula we had leftover from our farmers’ market purchases.  We tossed the pesto with fresh tomatoes (also from the fm) and pasta, and dinner was served.

image

For the pesto, in the food processor I combined: 2 cups arugula, 1/4 cup olive oil, and about 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus a little shake of garlic salt.  Very easy, and the arugula gives the pesto a little bit of a kick.

image

We’re thinking we might attempt to go to church this morning, which could be nice, or could go very, very poorly.  On the one hand: Lila could have a total meltdown.  On the other hand: we get to have HUMAN CONTACT for an hour.

Wish us luck!  Hope you have a great Sunday.

1. May 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Oh wow on the tick and roach. Nothing like living in a warm weather humid climate to bring out the best.

The pasta looks so perfect right…love pesto!

2. ginger635 permalink
    May 20, 2012 4:03 pm

We had a dinner party last night and a huge roach came strolling across the kitchen floor, followed by an even bigger one crawling up the wall. I think our guests were impressed! You should feel right at home here next week!

3. May 20, 2012 4:14 pm

That pesto is such a good idea…and arugala! Super healthy! The whole meal looks delicious. And a TICK in your HAIR!!

4. Marcee permalink
    May 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Anna. Good to know Lila is giving you the best of times!

The (simple …. but definitely delicious) pasta dish outshines those yucky buggers.

Good idea re pasta … filling + quick. Temps are 90 here! So for sure I will make something similiar for dinner …. w/fresh spinach + garlic. All your other ingredients are great.

Always love reading your posts!

5. May 20, 2012 6:19 pm

oh man! Hang in there! The pesto looks fantastic. Hope church went well if you went

6. May 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Oh that looks incredible. And why is it that when you find one bug you end up having a day where you find multiple bugs!

7. May 20, 2012 10:34 pm

A TICK! IN YOUR HAIR! I would have died!

8. May 21, 2012 12:37 am

{shudder} the tick experience sounds awful. But this pasta and pesto sounds DELISH. I love squeezing more veggies into meals without it seeming like they’re in there!

9. May 21, 2012 2:41 am

So confused about ticks…are they like lice? Or are they dangerous? I feel ignorant so I must Google and learn more…

10. May 21, 2012 11:16 am

I think I would freak more about the roach than the tick. I hate bugs! But, I love pesto :)

11. May 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Yikes on the tick and roach, so sorry! My hubby HATES roaches, they totally freak him out and he’s from Florida! :-P The pesto looks fabulous!

12. May 21, 2012 4:03 pm

What a morning you had! At least you did have a good meal :)

13. May 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Love the look of that pesto, Anna! So sorry to hear about your weekend debacles, too. A tick in your hair is pretty bad, but I unfortunately can sympathize with something even worse. A scorpion. In my bed. Stinging the heck out of my stomach. Yep, first night in our new house. Not a very warm welcome, thank you very much!

14. Kev permalink
    May 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Are you okay?

15. June 2, 2012 2:00 am

I’ve never made pesto with arugula and have been wanting to forrrreverrr! Will do now! :)