To Market We Will Go…

May 18, 2012

Yesterday afternoon, we strapped Lila into the stroller and headed to…the Greene Street farmers’ market!  Huntsville has a few different farmers’ markets, but we’d never been to this one before.  Thursday afternoons aren’t a great time for us during the school year…but this summer, our schedule is wide open.  I’m so glad we visited this market—it was great!  There were probably about 20-25 booths, selling everything from fresh bread to veggies to homemade ice cream and popsicles.  I LOVE a good farmers’ market.  :-)

Lila did great too—we stayed for about an hour, and she slept for the most part.  She’s getting better and better about liking her car seat and the stroller, which is a huge relief.

Since we were already at the market, we picked up goods to make dinner:

image

image

image

image

image

Simple summer sandwiches with fresh tomato slices, spicy SPICY arugula, and lavender goat cheese, all on still-warm bread.  Pretty delicious.

I just got back from a Pure Barre class, and soon I’m headed to my doctor for my six week post-partum checkup—I can’t believe six weeks have passed already! Hopefully everything checks out okay…wish me luck!

1. May 18, 2012 4:40 pm

I love Farmer’s Markets! And simple tasty sammies! Good luck with your appointment :)

2. May 18, 2012 4:40 pm

What a beautiful bunch of ingredients from the market. So glad for you that Lila is adjusting well, too! Thanks for shraing this delicious sandwich, Anna. Have a happy weekend! :)

3. May 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Wow – really 6 weeks already? Glad you guys were able to find some goodies at the market. That’s always so much fun.

4. ginger635 permalink
    May 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Beautiful pictures! That sandwich was beautiful! Good luck with your check up. I can’t believe it’s been six weeks!

5. May 19, 2012 11:42 am

I can’t wait for the farmer’s markets to start opening! The countdown has begun!
    I hope the doctor’s visit went well :)

6. May 19, 2012 3:11 pm

What a great trip, I can’t wait for our local farmer’s market to start up here! And I can’t believe it’s been 6 weeks either, time flies! Hope everything goes well at the appointment!

7. May 21, 2012 12:32 am

Ahh I LOVE farmer’s markets. and it’s so great that you get to enjoy them early in the season down south. Best of luck with the doctor!