What Happened This Weekend…

May 14, 2012

We had wonderful friends come to visit us from St. Louis:

…including the little baby that I used to nanny for:

april 09 290

…who is now ALL grown up:

Crazy!

Jodi was excited to hold the baby:

Will was not quite as thrilled:

Enjoy being an only child while it lasts, kiddo!

Ryan fulfilled a lifelong dream of eating a restaurant-prepared Bacon Burger Dog (which he has actually discussed on the blog before, because you really can’t discuss a Bacon Burger Dog too many times):

He said it was everything he’d dreamed it would be.

This conversation happened, via text message, conveniently about ten minutes after Ryan left the house to “run errands”:

…and someone, subsequently, got a bath:

On Sunday, after Jodi and Nathaniel and Will headed back to St. Louis, we celebrated my very first Mother’s Day:

…bouncing on the ball.  Where else?  :-)

Hope you had a GREAT weekend—thanks so much for all of the comments and e-mails regarding my last post.

Happy Monday!

1. Small Town City permalink
    May 14, 2012 5:30 pm

We are already missing you all. Can’t wait to have you in St. Louis.

2. May 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Your baby is so cute! I love that last picture of the two of you…and the one of Will and the baby. I had a good laugh from it.

3. May 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Glad you were able to visit with friends. Sounds like a fantastic weekend.

4. May 14, 2012 6:35 pm

OMG that text message conversation is TOO funny!! Happy belated Mother’s Day!!!!

5. May 14, 2012 6:53 pm

what a cool turn of events that you used to nanny for that little “baby”…who’s all grown up now…but you have a little baby!

6. Sarah permalink
    May 14, 2012 8:03 pm

You bounce on a ball too!?? I’m glad I’m not the only one. Only thing that will settle my daughter down! She loves it!

• May 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Oh, we spend about 75% of our time on the ball now. Not even kidding :-)

• Sarah permalink
        May 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Same! Only way I can get her to go to sleep! I’ll never forget the look of the babysitter.. “you want me to do what now…?”

7. May 14, 2012 8:09 pm

What a fabulous weekend. Ohhhh the massive poops. Good times. Kaylin is on a medication right now that makes her poop brick red colored…fun!

8. May 14, 2012 8:52 pm

I thought about you this weekend! I hope you had a great Mother’s Day! I also thought about you today as I dealt with some craptastic 11 year old attitude! The good times keep on coming!

• May 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Hahaha…I was walking by the high school by our house yesterday, and witnessing some prime teenage behavior. And I thought, “MAN I hope Lila doesn’t ever grow up…” Guess it doesn’t work that way, huh? :-)

9. May 14, 2012 10:08 pm

HA. Great text message convo. Happy first Mother’s Day!

10. ginger635 permalink
    May 15, 2012 2:34 pm

We’re headed home and finally are Wi-Fi connected! Looks like a fun visit with Jodi and Nathanial and Will. Love the pictures of Lila. She’s growing so much! Hurry up and come home before she’s all grown!

11. May 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Love it…text messages know no bounds. :)

12. May 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Love the text message conversation, you guys are so cute!

13. May 16, 2012 4:11 pm

loved your last post! glad you had a fun weekend!