These Are A Few Of Our Favorite Things

May 8, 2012

Hello, hello!

Did you have a good weekend?  We had fun over here—Lila got to meet her Seattle grandparents!

image

Ryan’s parents came in for a quick weekend trip—they got in on Friday night, and left on Monday.  They’re coming back in June for a longer visit, but couldn’t wait until then to meet baby Lila.  We had a pretty low-key weekend…I guess everything we do nowadays is pretty low-key.  :-)

Before we knew it, the weekend was over and it was time to say goodbye to Granddad and Mimi:

image

…but they’ll be back soon!

This weekend marked another important date—Lila’s one month birthday! Can’t believe it’s been a whole month—this time really has flown by.  We had a wild celebration last night:

That’s about as wild as it gets around here.  ;-)

Here are a few of the things we’ve been loving this first month:

Freddy the Lamaze Firefly:

This seems to be the only toy Lila has interest in so far…and she loves him! She’ll spend upwards of an hour, stretched out on the bed, watching him “fly” back and forth.  His wings have a black-and-white pattern on the back, which is just perfect for her right now.  She’ll be more interested in colors eventually, but for right now, black and white is where it’s at.

Lila gets the hiccups pretty frequently, especially after laying flat on her back for a while.  When the hiccups come on, but she isn’t ready to stop playing, she really likes being propped up in the boppy:

Perfect!

When she’s not playing with Freddy, she’s either eating:

image

…from her Dr. Brown’s bottles, which we also love—they seem to really reduce the amount of air she takes in during her feedings.

Or, she’s sleeping in her vibrating chair, which has been a lifesaver:

She can sleep in the chair for hours, and the vibrations and soft lullaby music really seem to calm her down.  She has a swing, but for right now, the vibrating chair is where it’s at.  And speaking of lifesavers, the Swaddleme velcro swaddlers are awesome.  When she’s really tired, Lila loves being wrapped up nice and tight in a Swaddleme—they work magic in minutes.

At night, Lila sleeps in her Nap Nanny:

…which is basically what we use instead of a bassinet.  We weren’t planning on using the Nap Nanny for nighttime sleeping, but we put her in it on one of our first nights home from the hospital and she fell right asleep, so we’ve been using it as her “bed” ever since.  Eventually we’ll transfer her to the crib, but right now, the Nap Nanny is working perfectly…and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

These are some of the things we’ve loved this month—I’m sure next month, we’ll have a totally different list!

Hope you’ve had a great start to your week!

1. May 8, 2012 3:49 pm

Seriously she is such a doll. I love all that hair!! Glad Ryan’s parents were able to get down for a visit, even if it was a short one.

2. May 8, 2012 4:28 pm

I love that picture of her in the boppy, so gorgeous :)

3. May 8, 2012 4:32 pm

Sounds like a great celebration to me! Partying definitely takes on a whole different meaning when you have kids. Sleep becomes the best party time ever! She is just beautiful Anna!

4. May 8, 2012 4:52 pm

OM gosh- so hear you on the nap nanny! We had something similar from Boppy (newborn lounger) and it was a total lifesaver. I send one to nearly everyone I know when they get pregnant. Happy birthday to the peanut :) You look gorgeous my dear!

5. Marcee permalink
    May 8, 2012 5:30 pm

Adorable x 10!!!!

Wow. Lila looks so grown up …. = very-very content. I love all the hues of greens. Relaxing and lovely. The boppy, and all those other baby thingies are godsends. They help to make it (ALL) possible for everyone’s comfort.

How amazing are poochies? They can be so loving toward babies. Amazing and wonderful. Our doggies would actually jump into the crib to baby-cuddle. Never any problems.

You are definitely enjoying “the life” Anna & baby-daddy! Treasure every moment.

• May 9, 2012 1:51 am

Haha…I can’t believe they would jump in the crib! Actually, ours probably would too, if they could! :-)

6. May 8, 2012 7:49 pm

It looks like Lila has made a BFF with one of your dogs! My sister loves her nap nanny too – it worked so well for my nephew when he had acid reflux as a newborn!

7. May 8, 2012 11:13 pm

Those photos are precious! I can’t believe its been a month either! Wow!

8. mgutowsk permalink
    May 8, 2012 11:59 pm

Is Baxter in love with Lila too? Looks like it!

• May 9, 2012 1:51 am

I think he likes it that she smells like milk all the time :-)

9. May 9, 2012 9:35 am

I wish I had something like this vibrating chair when my first born was so small. He had a problem with sleeping and we used to ride around the neighborhood each and every night, to get him to sleep. Glad you have something like this.
    She is so adorable.

• May 9, 2012 11:53 am

My sister and her husband did the same thing with my niece a few years ago. Funny what calms them!

10. May 9, 2012 11:06 am

Awww, I’m glad Lila had a nice (crazy!) weekend with her grandparents (or I guess I should say, grandad and Mimi). I can’t believe she’s already one month old! Time flys. I love that she already has more hair than me. lol

11. May 9, 2012 12:21 pm

Looks at those eyes – she’s beautiful!! I think we all need a vibrating chair to nap in :)

12. Laura permalink