Weekend Recap and Body After Baby

April 30, 2012

Hi friends! Did you have a good weekend?

We had a good one here…all of our days are kind of running together, especially now that the semester is over (except for grading…ugh).  We spent about 90% of our weekend at home…and I have a feeling that most days are going to start following this trend!

We’re very lucky to have the schedules that we do…neither one of us is teaching this summer, so essentially we both have the entire summer off to get to know this little lady:

…who is already starting to develop a pretty big personality!  It’s funny; people say that babies come out with so many facets of their personalities already formed, and I can see the truth to that.  Lila already seems to be very intense—when she’s awake and “playing,” she gets a very serious expression on her face and really focuses on the task at hand.

DSC_0049 DSC_0046 DSC_0044

Loosen up, nugget!!

It will be fun to see more elements of her personality come through in the upcoming months.

Other than playing on her activity mat, she really enjoys taking walks in the ergo:

…which we enjoy, too, because she usually looks like this by the time we get home:

Walks are nice because the dogs (obviously) love them.  We’re trying to get them out for two walks a day, just so that they don’t feel neglected…not that these dogs have ever been neglected for a single minute since the day we got them:

Walks are also nice because I’ll take any kind of exercise I can get these days!  I don’t feel comfortable running every day yet, so many days, our walks are my main activity.  Now that three weeks have passed, I’m ready to start putting in a little more effort in terms of getting my body back to where it was, pre-baby.  I wanted to give myself some time just to see how everything settled, weight and body-wise.  Now that the semester is over and we’re settling into a little bit more a routine, I think it’s a good time to get a little more focused on eating right and working regular exercise back in.

I gained about 24 pounds during the pregnancy, and still have five left to lose.  But, I’m not really concerned with the scale number—to me, it’s more about how my clothes fit.  Essentially, I want to be able to feel comfortable in my summer clothes by the time June rolls around.  I tried on some of my shorts yesterday, and they *do* fit…but they’re pretty tight.  :-)  Hopefully with a little more effort on my part, I can take this month to eat a little better (RIP, late night ice cream) and exercise regularly.

And I’m trying to ignore the fact that my stomach now looks like a deflated party balloon.  :-)

Hope you have a great start to your week!

1. April 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Your stomach will totally go back and I know you know that too! Enjoy the walks and taking it slow :)

2. April 30, 2012 4:40 pm

I love how ready to go you are even though you essentially just had a baby…it was only three weeks ago and you are exercising and everything. And she is so cute :D

3. April 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Holy crap- you only have 5 lbs left to go? Thats amazing. Good for you! Its crazy how everyones body responds so differently to pregnancy and the weight gain! It is so fun to see the baby’s personality develop. Enjoy every day

4. April 30, 2012 5:17 pm

That dark head of hair is just the cutest thing ever!!! I think you’re doing pretty fabulous if you only have 5 lbs left to go! If you get back into your ‘healthy’ routine, you’ll be back to pre-baby in no time!

5. April 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Only 5 lbs? Dang, you will be there in no time! I’m so glad things are settling down or at least there is a routine at work. I totally believe personalities are already developed in the womb. I can still see this as my guys grow up! Max is the intense one here! Fun, but definitely work.

I hope you have a great week Anna!

6. April 30, 2012 6:05 pm

I can’t believe you only have 5 lbs to go. Way to go, mama! That’s what happens when you keep the gains in the under 25 range. Comes off quicker on the back end. Sometimes I hear women say they gained like 75 lbs when pregnant…I can’t even imagine how hard they have to work to get that off!

7. May 1, 2012 12:00 am

Oh that’s great you guys both have the summer free. Perfect! And only 5 left to lose? That’s awesome!

8. May 1, 2012 12:18 am

She has so much hair!

I bet you’ll fit into your clothes by June. You still have two months.

9. May 1, 2012 12:19 am

Pretty great that you only have 5 lbs left! It seemed like you kept the weight gain in check throughout the pregnancy so I’m sure it’ll melt right off in the coming weeks and months.

10. May 1, 2012 1:11 am

I loved the picture of Ryan, Lima and the dogs. Cute!

11. May 1, 2012 1:12 am

Dang auto correct! Lila not Lima. Sheesh!

12. May 1, 2012 4:39 am

Precious pictures, she’s so cute and so are the pups! You look great and you’re doing an awesome job of getting back to normal! :-)

13. May 2, 2012 2:01 am

My stomach looks like a deflated balloon, and I haven’t had a baby — I’ve just lost 100 pounds! :-/ At least yours will probably go back!
    I have to say, I appreciate your frank updates on the whole process …

14. May 4, 2012 10:18 am

Great photo, that first one in your post, with baby :)