Good News (No, not the baby)

April 4, 2012

Hi friends!
Nope, no baby yet.

I really have no excuse for the lack of blogging either, except that I’ve been feeling the urge to…disconnect.  All of the texts, phone calls, e-mails from friends and family have been SO nice—but, to be honest, I’ve been pretty much ignoring them.  I guess it’s normal to feel the urge to burrow away for the last week or so before you give birth, especially if you’ve gone past your due date.  I’ve been feeling pretty uncomfortable (SO glad I’m not going to be big and pregnant in the summer months—being pregnant in March is miserable enough!), and alternating between feeling anxious, antsy, excited, terrified—you name it.  So, in other words, we’ve been staying home a lot, just kind of taking in these last few days before the big change.

And eating, of course:

:-)

And now, for the good news—I got a job! Or, I guess I should say, I got a…promotion?  I’ll be moving up from an adjunct instructor to a full-time lecturer at our university next year.  I was a little hesitant to even apply for the position, because it involves a pretty intense teaching load—four classes in the fall, and four again in the spring.  That’s a lot for anyone to take on—and we’ll have a (relatively) new baby in the house on top of it.

But, after weighing the pros and cons, I decided that I owe it to myself to at least give it a shot.  And I’m actually really excited to be teaching more classes again—it was nice to have a little break from a fuller schedule this past year, but I’m looking forward to getting back into it—stressful days, piles of papers and all!

Well…hopefully this won’t be the only good news we’ll be sharing this week! We have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow, and while I’m dreading hearing the i word (induction), it will be nice to get some answers about how the next few days are going to go down.

Thanks for all of the sweet e-mails, messages, and vibes you’ve been sending our way—they’re MUCH appreciated!

1. April 4, 2012 2:59 am

Good luck! I’ll be thinking of ya!

2. April 4, 2012 3:14 am

Congrats on your promotion! Hope the baby comes soon. I’m excited for you.

3. April 4, 2012 3:29 am

Nothing like have a family AND having your career take off…all at the same time!

And I thought for sure you were off having a baby with your lack of posts the past few days..well, here’s hoping it’s soon :)

4. mgutowsk permalink
    April 4, 2012 3:51 am

Yipee! A lectureship! BENEFITS!!! I’m doing a skip dance for you.

5. April 4, 2012 5:53 am

Congrats on the promo! Hang in there!!

6. April 4, 2012 10:47 am

Congrats on the new gig!! Sorry that Lila hasn’t made an appearance yet — any minute now. Hang in there!!

7. April 4, 2012 12:27 pm

Still no baby??? Geez she’s stubborn ;-) I don’t blame you one bit for disconnecting and enjoying the time together and the calm while you can. And congrats on the promotion. That’s fantastic news.

8. April 4, 2012 12:39 pm

Congratulations! That is awesome on the job front. Now Lila needs to get her booty out of your belly! It is completely normal to ignore EVERYTHING when you are at this stage. It’s nice to have people checking in, but telling everyone that there is still no baby can be a bit underwhelming. I’m thinking about you and hoping the little princess makes an appearance soon!

9. Aunt Kristi permalink
    April 4, 2012 1:10 pm

“Nesting” is a good sign. Food looks yummy. Praying for the best for you guys this week.

10. ginger635 permalink
    April 4, 2012 3:09 pm

Congratulations!! We’re so proud of you!

11. April 4, 2012 4:08 pm

Congrats :D And good luck, hope everything goes well! Can’t wait to see the pictures of your tiny one!

12. April 4, 2012 7:52 pm

Congrats on the new gig! Thinking about you.

13. Erin permalink
    April 4, 2012 10:43 pm

Congrats on the new job! As for the baby, she will come and it will go fine. You may (probably not) remember I have a SIL due around the same time as you with my first nephew. She’s still waiting, too. He’s not officially due until Friday and will then start her week before being induced. So, maybe knowing there is someone else out there feeling very uncomfortable and wanting it to be over too may make you feel better! :)

14. April 5, 2012 12:01 am

Congrats on your promotion! so happy for you! Let us know what happens at the doctor! hoping Lila comes SOON!