Friday Things

March 16, 2012

Hi friends! Happy Friday to you!

We’re especially happy to see the arrival of this Friday because it means….we’re officially on spring break!

I’ve said it a million times, but one of the best things about being a teacher is that you never have to give up spring break.  Of course, long gone are the days of beer bongs and tequila shots. Spring break means something a little different when you’re 29.  Honestly, we’re looking forward to a quiet week at home, tying up loose ends and enjoying our family of two (four?) before our newest member decides to join us.  And since that could be any time, we’ve decided to stick close to home.  We thought about taking a short trip to Chattanooga or Nashville (both about 2 hours away), but in the end decided that with the progress made at my last doctor’s appointment, plus the light cramping and contractions that have been coming and going since then, it’s probably best to just stay here this week.  But I think we’ll still have fun relaxing for a few days…probably our last true relaxation for quite a while.  :-)

In bump news…my awesome yoga teacher Holley snapped this picture of me in our pre-natal yoga class:

I tipped over about .3 seconds after she took it, but at least I look graceful in the picture.  :-)

Ryan and I went out to lunch today, and I made him take a few belly pics since I was finally wearing something other than yoga pants:

image

I love the light in this one!

In spring break news, the fun has already started for some:

We found Baxter this morning, digging up a storm in the backyard.  BAD dog!!!!

We promptly bathed him:

and got a little swaddling practice:

He looks pretty remorseful, right?  Well, apparently he wasn’t, because about 10 minutes later, he snuck back outside and did the exact same thing, all over again.  This dog is small but stubborn.

Sigh.

Other happenings today include this adorable delivery from Baby Gap:

DSC_0008 DSC_0014

With all of the clothes we already have for Lila, there is NO way to justify buying these outfits…but how can you resist details like this??

DSC_0012 DSC_0018

SO cute.   I love the tiny embroidered flowers on the onesie.

And speaking of tiny flowers…

Our hydrangea bush is coming to life!!!! We’ve never had hydrangeas (hydrangeas!!) before this house, so we were a little unsure of what to do about them in the winter….which basically resulted in us doing nothing.   After getting some advice from a landscaper, we finally cut them back in January…and lo and behold, the buds are coming up nice and fresh!

In other news, check out this freakin’ adorable weekly meal planner that my friend Mindy made (Mindy, I hope it’s okay that I took this pic from your blog!):

How cute is this?!?  I think she should go into business!!  She gives a tutorial on her blog for how to make your own, if you’re feeling crafty.  Adorable.

Well…that’s about it on our end.  Hope you have a great start to your weekend!

Happy Friday!

1. March 16, 2012 8:31 pm

You look fantastic by the way. Staying closer to home is probably a smart move. I would love to have spring break again. I’d be very content to stay home for a week – I no longer need dancing on tables in Panama City Beach to make me happy ;-)

2. March 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Adorable. Love the light picture! Baby gap…..I can spend SO much money in that store!

• March 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Seriously. I see this as the beginning of a very dangerous trend :-)

3. March 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Our hydrangea bush already has buds too and we’re like 15 states north of you! I’m so excited :) They’re my favorite bush/plant/flower on our property. Enjoy spring break!

• Jane olsan permalink
      March 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi Anna! You are looking so good and we can’t wait for Lila to get here.
      Someone told me last year to pull all of the dead limbs out of the Hydrangea bush. I did it and it looked lots better over the summer.

4. March 16, 2012 11:43 pm

I told you already, but I’ll say it again, you look absolutely beautiful! I can’t believe it’s almost time! Enjoy your break and definitely relax. Enjoy your weekend Anna!

5. mgutowsk permalink
    March 17, 2012 3:28 am

Thanks for the plug Anna! Enjoy your last spring break as a family of 4!

6. ginger635 permalink
    March 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Slight contractions??? That is great news! You look wonderful, by the way!

• March 17, 2012 5:08 pm

*VERY* slight and sporadic– don’t get too excited ;-)

7. March 18, 2012 3:24 am

You look gorgeous in the polka dot dress!

And Mindy is one talented lady!

8. ginger635 permalink
    March 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Oh, I’m not too excited, but we are sitting out in the car with the motor running. So, call us on our cell phones when it’s time! : )

9. March 19, 2012 10:46 am

I want that menu planning board!!!! Seriously, Mindy needs to start selling those!

I love your yoga pose. I hope I do yoga when I’m pregnant. It’s hard enough for me to do it now (I find it boring, even though I know it’s really good for me!).

My brother asked me if I have spring break still (he’s 16) and I laughed at him. I only wish!! You are so lucky you get one. Enjoy it!

• March 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Interestingly, it was MUCH easier for me to make myself do yoga pregnant– maybe because you feel like you need it even more then? For whatever reason, I’ve been much more regular at my pre-natal class than any other yoga classes I’ve tried to take in the past.

10. March 19, 2012 10:32 pm

I generally read blogs from my phone, but I specifically saved your post until I could tell you…
    You look RADIANT.

• March 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Awww, thank you– that would be my pregnancy sweat, haha :-)