Progress…

March 13, 2012

Hi friends!

Just got back from the doctor and (TMI?) I’m 1 cm dilated and 70 percent effaced! Woo hoo!  This really doesn’t mean that much—you can walk around partially dilated and effaced for weeks without going into labor.  Still, it’s nice to know that we’re making progress! Our doctor wanted to make sure that she’s head down, so we got to have one last ultrasound—she looks perfect…if a little squashed, ha.  She’s definitely running out of room. :-)

Moving on…

Last night, we had some simple tofu wraps for dinner.  It’s been a while since I’ve taken pictures of our nightly meals—I kind of miss it!!  Here’s how we built our tofu wraps:

Sauteed Veggies:

Baked Tofu:

Cheeeeeeese:

Patient dog + sock:

Yum! Good dinner! This was a new kind of tofu—sprouted and extra firm—and I loved it.  It baked up a lot firmer than our regular tofu does.

Okay…off to take care of about 2,305 things we’ve been putting off in our denial that we have all the time in the world before Lila comes.  Have a great Tuesday!

1. March 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Yayyy! I never made any progress prior to being induced! So exciting! Whoop

2. March 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Dinner looks yummy to me – hopefully you will continue to progress smoothly and that baby girl will be here soon ;-)

3. March 13, 2012 3:53 pm

HOW EXCITING!!
    And, the wraps look delicious. I may have to try them with tempeh (because I’m a tempeh girl). I LOVE zucchini in wraps.

4. March 13, 2012 5:33 pm

That’s great news from the doc, so excited for you!

Dinner looks wonderful! And Miko lives docks too! :-)

5. March 13, 2012 6:35 pm

I was 2 cm dilated and 90 percent effaced for a couple weeks and then one day, I went to 10 cm in about 6 hours and had a baby :) You are getting CLOSE!!!

6. March 13, 2012 7:21 pm

I will spare you how long it took Jay to get here after being 100% effaced and 1 cm dilated. Let’s just say I hope Lila makes an appearance faster than that.

7. March 14, 2012 2:49 am

SO exciting! She’s coming soon :D

8. March 14, 2012 5:13 am

Holy smokes, girl! You are getting so close to meeting your new princess! I’m totally going to be stalking you to see how things progress. I’m so excited for your new little one.

9. March 14, 2012 10:49 am

SO excited for you!!!

10. March 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Hooray for progress! I know everyone is different but I had an appointment where I was 2 cm and 80%- next day I went into labor :) Can’t wait for little Lila to make her arrival!!

11. March 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Woo Hoo!!! We’re ready in Shreveport – just give us the word!