At Long Last: The Nursery Reveal

February 29, 2012

Hi friends! Disappeared on ya for a few days, didn’t I?

But I had a good reason:

My bff Mary Margaret came into town! Marge was in Alabama for work, and she drove up to Huntsville yesterday and spend the night with us!

Mary Margaret and I have known each other since first grade, and when we get together, things always get a little…goofy:

(road trip 2009…good times)

This trip was obviously no exception.

Mary Margaret lives in Seattle, so we get to see her when we visit Ryan’s family.  Still, it was nice having her in our neck of the woods!

She came bearing gifts, like these adorable baby booties:

…and this helpful reading material:

You know, my pregnancy has been many things…but I’m not sure orgasmic has been one of them.  Better read the book so that I can really take advantage of this final month. ;-)

Mary Margaret’s trip was so fun…but TOO short!!! Come back to the South, Marge! We miss you already!

One reason why I was so excited for Mary Margaret to visit us is that our nursery is finally…DONE!!!

I know I’ve been revealing bits and pieces of it to y’all, but I didn’t want to wait until the big reveal until it was really finished.  We got our glider on Monday, which was the last piece of big furniture we were waiting on, and we hung the nursery art yesterday.  I think it’s really finally finished, and I can’t wait to show y’all! So, without further ado…

Lila Scott’s Nursery:

Furniture:

(fun fact—Mary Margaret’s mom Molly knitted that blanket for us as a shower gift!)

Our crib and dresser are pretty plain—kind of antique-y in style.  We kept the bedding simple—no bumper, sheets and crib skirt from Pottery Barn.  Honestly, we probably didn’t even need a crib skirt—the way the crib is fashioned, it’s kind of hidden.  Oh well!

The glider is SO soft—a beautiful soft gray color.  It’s super comfy too, which is good, because I’m sure we’ll be spending a lot of time in it.  Ryan is practicing already:

DSC_0032 DSC_0034

We put together this storage unit from target:

…which is holding a surprisingly large amount of material—we’ve filled the storage cubes with everything from pacifiers to burp cloths to toys to books.  Very helpful!

As for wall art and accessories, you’ve already seen the bird mobile that hangs above the crib:

DSC_0007 DSC_0010

…and these wall hangings that I made:

This tree and bird art

…is actually a decal from Etsy—so easy and really cute!

As for wall art, we kept it pretty simple.  We ordered these two prints from Etsy:

And hung this needle-point above the crib:

The needlepoint is from my grandmother’s house, and actually hung in the rooms of my mom and her sisters when they were growing up.  Now we’re passing it around to whoever has the baby in the family!

The curtains are nice and sunny, bright yellow with white polka dots, from Anthropologie:

(Ryan likes to spy on the dogs from the far window)

Annnnnd…that’s about it!!

I’m really pleased with how it came together.  We didn’t really have a set plan in terms of what we wanted it to look like, and just kind of built it piece by piece and little by little, but I think the end result is a perfect reflection of our (okay, my) style—a little crafty, a little vintage-y, and nice and cheery for sweet baby Lila.   Plus, I mean…BIRDS!!! If there’s one thing my nursery had to have, it’s birds. :-)

And now we just need a baby to complete the look!

Thanks for taking a tour of the nursery! Have a great Leap Day!

1. Aunt Kristi permalink
    February 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Very nice!

2. February 29, 2012 10:52 pm

awwwwwwwww! Looks like such a warm and happy place! Love! Fun visit too- those booties are ADORABLE!

3. Marcee permalink
    February 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Fantastic Anna!

So many precious memories await ……. cuddling, feeding and rocking baby Lila in the new glider. Love the gray. Goes with everything.

The yellow floral tree w/visting birds is gorgeous! At first I thought the buds were gumdrops! Haha.

All of baby’s toys will add tons of color to the room too!

ENJOY …. ENJOY ….. ENJOY!

4. February 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Love it!! Especially the tree on the wall! Gorgeous!

5. February 29, 2012 11:37 pm

It is just beautiful – I LOVE it!!! I know you and Mary Margaret had fun. I wish she and you were geographically closer, but you do a great job of keeping up, anyway. The glider looks VERY comfortable – almost as comfortable as a wicker rocker : )

6. March 1, 2012 12:08 am

Those booties are amazing! The room looks fantastic. You guys did such a great job!

7. patti permalink
    March 1, 2012 12:20 am

Love it!!!! You and Ryan did a wonderful decorating job – it looks soft and welcoming for our precious Lila:)

8. March 1, 2012 1:45 am

it’s gorgeous!!!

9. March 1, 2012 3:06 am

It’s so beautiful! I love your style. Looks like a perfect room for your little princess!

10. March 1, 2012 3:11 am

Absolutely lovely Anna!!!

11. March 1, 2012 3:55 am

It’s gorgeous Anna! Reading the needlepoint brings me back to childhood. We said that every night before bed and I can distinctly remember when we lived with my grandparents for 3 months while our house was being built when I was 8 having my grandma come in our bedroom and saying that with us before bedtime. You just made me all nostalgic :)

12. March 1, 2012 5:11 am

The room looks gorgeous…
    a little crafty, a little vintage-y, love the colors, the whole vibe…superb!

And you…look awesome! you’re getting so CLOSE!

13. March 1, 2012 7:34 am

Hahahaha! You ladies crack me up :-) The nursery is adorable!

14. March 1, 2012 11:57 am

I’m LOVING IT!! It looks just perfect! You’re so crafty. I hope I get get crafty one day….

And, those little pink booties are adorable. I want a pair of my own, please.
    And when you are done with that book, pass it on over to me. I’d love to learn a bit before I get pregnant, if you know what I mean. You’ve got a great friend!

15. March 1, 2012 3:33 pm

Oh my gosh it is gorgeous! Lila is a lucky baby! Beautiful! And I love how it isn’t overflowing in pink :)

16. March 1, 2012 3:48 pm

I absolutely LOVE it!!!! Lila is going to love it too :)

17. March 1, 2012 5:20 pm

I loooooove the nursery! Everything came out great :) Love the yellow. And those baby booties, omg so cute!

18. March 1, 2012 6:56 pm

Wow on the nursery, it looks fantastic! Great colors and I want the wall art, what a fun idea! You look great too, glowing and happy. :-)

19. March 2, 2012 12:07 am

it looks wonderful! Great job!…where did you get the dresser? and is it a changing table combo or two separate pieces?

• March 2, 2012 2:42 am

We got all of the furniture at a local baby store here in Huntsville. It’s two separate pieces, so we’ll just remove the changing table from the top once she outgrows it. The crib is a “built to grow” crib as well, so we’re hoping that she’ll be using this furniture for a LONG time…ie, until she leaves for college! :-)

20. March 2, 2012 4:30 am

Such a cute nursery! I love the map photo…and best friends!

21. March 2, 2012 2:38 pm

Your nursery is GORGEOUS! The bird/birdcage motif is one I permanently wear on my body, so I love it ;-)

Must have been so nice to have Mary Margaret up for a few days! I’m sure I’ll want to spend as much time as possible with my besties when my own time comes. Speaking of which, Ryan looks like a natural with that bear!

22. March 2, 2012 5:31 pm

LOVE the tree decal! We really wanted to do one in Sam’s nursery, but we decided against it since we’re not planning to be in our townhouse much longer. Hopefully we can add one to his future nursery/playroom. You look great, by the way!

• March 2, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks Emily! It was SO easy to put up– and looks much better than any sort of “homemade” paint job the two of us could have done, haha. We’d definitely recommend them!

23. March 4, 2012 3:52 am

That’s a great nursery. It really looks like you put a lot of love and personal touches into it.

24. Edie permalink
    March 5, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi Anna
    Nursery looks great and so do you! These are the slowest passing days of all. Can’t wait to see your new beautiful girl.

Love, Edie

25. October 19, 2013 8:36 am

Again, in shops and showrooms, there always remains a danger for robbery even in broad daylight so the installation of covert devices will help you to get video footage which will help to catch the culprits and making your loss minimum.These devices also serve as surveillance cameras in big hotels, hospitals etc has many rooms in it without anyones prior knowledge and this will help you to know your staff better and improve your companys quality of service by getting rid of lazy staff members. So you need to implement procedures to follow up on complaints and make sure that the nuts and bolts set out in the DMCA, and in any trademark compliance plan you devise, are followed.By no means is this an exhaustive list of how to do due diligence review of a company’s financial documents. There are shoes for women that are meant for walking or strolling. I am thinking of buying this stock for my own portfolio and letting it sit for a few years as this brand is transformed back to its previous glory.Coe will be responsible for sales promotion, consumer advertising, store and graphic design, market research and direct marketing.

Trackbacks